Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Please remove if not allowed, or move to the right location. I did read the private sellers rules and it looks like I should post in this thread as it's an Oil spec directly related to all Giulietta's, Mito's, 4C etc...

Halfords is selling the exact same oil for:
- 5L = £47.99
- 1L = £15.99

I am only asking for £30 for both.

I don't own the car this was going to go in to anymore so need to get rid of it.
6 litres of Mobil 1 ESP 0W-40 engine oil.
Low Saps (Ash)
ACEA C3
Specification: Fiat 9.55535-S2

Also has Mercedes Benz approval MB 229.51, MB 229.31, VW 502 00, VW 505 00, BMW Long Life 04, and is a GM dexos 2 factory fill item (suitable for most General Motors vehicles, ie: Vauxhall)
Suitable for diesel and petrol engines.

Pick up in west London (Chiswick), or local delivery in and around greater London can be arranged as I travel quite a bit around the M25 network. If you want it posted I can get quotes for you, pickup or london delivery prefered as 6 litres of oil isn't usually cost effective to send by post.

As a brief check the Mobil application website seems to say it is appropriate for all petrol and diesel Mito, Giulietta and 4C models, as well as Fiat and Abarth 500's and Puntos that share the Alfa engines (i'm assuming it also is suitable to other FCA makes). Check your license plate on the Mobil website to confirm.
Which Oil for my Car? - Mobil? UK & Ireland

I am firm at £30, I have it advertised on Facebook and Gumtree for £40, I have it advertised on " Official Alfa Romeo Owners Club UK Facebook Group" for £30.

This oil is also a Dexos 2 (GM/Vauxhall/Opel) factory fill product and a Mercedes and VW factory fill product for certain models.

PM me for details

Attachments

·
Registered
30,320 Posts
As a brief check the Mobil application website seems to say it is appropriate for all petrol and diesel Mito, Giulietta and 4C models, as well as Fiat and Abarth 500's and Puntos that share the Alfa engines
It isn't anymore...!!

·
Registered
39,589 Posts
Fiat No longer recommends that spec for Fiat or Alfa Multi-air engines.

the Diesel is different as well, it requires Fiat 9.55535-S1, although on the Diesel it won't do any harm other than possibly reduce the fuel economy by a fraction.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fiat No longer recommends that spec for Fiat or Alfa Multi-air engines.

the Diesel is different as well, it requires Fiat 9.55535-S1, although on the Diesel it won't do any harm other than possibly reduce the fuel economy by a fraction.
No Disrespect intended, but if Mobil says it is recommended for the car and the engines were developed to that spec, I think people should stick with what the experts say.

I searched some models and that's what came up, Just checked Shell and Castrol and they both recommend multi-air with Fiat 9.55535-S2 as well.

Again, if in doubt, that's why I put in the link so anyone looking can confirm themselves if it meets their vehicle specs...

So if anyone wants a genuine bargain with a first tier oil brand, this is still available, just input your number plate in the Mobil oil finder site and see if this oil is right for you car.

Cheers

·
Registered
39,589 Posts
It was recommended for the car, but Fiat/Alfa changed the spec due to Multi-air unit failures.

So it was correct but Fiat/Alfa moved the goalposts...

I am sure you could sell it for use in another vehicle though? It is a very good oil and someone will want it for their Merc, BMW etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts