Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Spider 3.0 V6 24v Lightning Blu
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone got any experience with these? Will I be able to use it on my 147 and 916 Spider? I mainly want it to reset the 147's service indicator.

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 Spider 3.0 V6 24v Lightning Blu
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the 147 unfortunately you do. It's different to the 156.

·
Registered
Alfa Mito, 2010, 1.4NA, 6-speed
9,362 Posts
Alfa's aren't OBD2 except olders ones exported to USA.

147 is generally EOBD/Canbus and 156 needs MultiEcuScan.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I have 2004 jtdm which is definately odb2 compatible. Cheap scanner correctly reads codes, gives freeze frame data and resets codes. I only use fiat FiatECUscan and cable for air bag and potentially abs. Blue tooth plugs also work and i have briefly played with an android app called torque which was able to communicate with my car very successfully. In my experience the 156 is not too different from most other diesels of this era.

·
Registered
Alfa Mito, 2010, 1.4NA, 6-speed
9,362 Posts
o

I have 2004 jtdm which is definately odb2 compatible. Cheap scanner correctly reads codes, gives freeze frame data and resets codes. I only use fiat FiatECUscan and cable for air bag and potentially abs. Blue tooth plugs also work and i have briefly played with an android app called torque which was able to communicate with my car very successfully. In my experience the 156 is not too different from most other diesels of this era.
2004 diesel is EOBD .. Which is based on OBD2. Petrol cars are EOBD after 2001. Before the manufacturer could use anything ... so Alfa/Fiat used a hybrid VAG/COM system.

Not all code readers interpret the results properly so you can get some random answers to te faults if not generic ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts