Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30,297 Posts
i have an issue with installing the drivers for the cable
Check which type of chip is in the interface.
If it is an FTDI chip, use the drivers from here.

·
Registered
30,297 Posts
you mean dis-assembly the OBD scanner, check the name of the chip??
You may be able to see through the clear blue plastic case.
But if not, remove the screws and take the cover off.

·
Registered
179 Posts
No, you don't have to do that.

Did it prompt for driver when you plug in the USB connector? I remember letting it search online for the driver and it was done.

If the interface is not recognised by the computer probably it is defective. In my case the cable connection to the PCB has a bad solder joint. This is easily rectified but if you're not able to do soldering then perhaps the interfaced needs to be returned for exchange.

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
Check which type of chip is in the interface.
If it is an FTDI chip, use the drivers from here.
can someone tell me how and where on this link to ftdi drivers is the download link . I have multiscan on windows 10 and my previous kkl lead was working on win. 7 but not now , could it be that the drivers are not there , I cannot configure any of the three ports on my laptop.

·
Registered
30,297 Posts
can someone tell me how and where on this link to ftdi drivers is the download link . I have multiscan on windows 10 and my previous kkl lead was working on win. 7 but not now , could it be that the drivers are not there , I cannot configure any of the three ports on my laptop.
It is quite clear on that page, but if you are still struggling...
CLICK HERE

·
Premium Member
2,023 Posts
It is quite clear on that page, but if you are still struggling...
CLICK HERE
sorry wasn't clear to me , it just went from link to link with no clear advisories , but thanks , hopefully I might be able to use the interface.
Does the link that you sent automatically sets up the driver , or does it sit somewhere to run .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts