Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -- just wondering if the fiat Coupe subframe are identical to the ones used in the 916 GTVs/Spiders

Also, what else (if anything) would you nab from the Coupe if you had the chance? My alfa is a TS Spider. Cheers ?

·
Registered
634 Posts
The front anti-roll bar is thicker on a Fiat coupe. This is a nice upgrade when paired with a rear V6 anti-roll bar. Will increase body control.

Reactions: mas430

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. Well, if avaliable I may as well try and get them, then. That way, I can refurbish them at my own pace and swap the others out.

I'm also thinking of grabbing the bremos and uprights. (Pretty sure to fit them to the TS I'd need larger 17" wheels, though...?)

·
Registered
634 Posts
Depending on the age of your car, the rear braking bias thing on the rear subframe may also be useful (if its not already knackered) stuff like ABS sensors if they come out cleanly will also be potentially useful,

I'm sure ive seen someone fit Fiat Coupe/155/145 front shocks to a 916 but they didnt use the 916 top mounts, they used the fiat/145/155 ones.

As for the Brembos.. not sure here. There must be a kit to adapt those calipers to the TS front hubs ? but not sure on the spacing etc of them.. they should fit under 16's though but might be limited in wheel styles (spoke back spacing) THe early PH1 style wheel wont clear them but the PH2 style 16's will likely be fine (they are on V6 916)

What engine is in the Coupe ? a 5cycl VIS or 4cyl turbo spider would be cool b:cheeky:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately it's just the 16v non turbo version.

Not sure if the brakes are the 4 pot brembos on these, either? Are the anti roll bars still better on these models, too?

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts