Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be able to get hold of a Fiat coupe turbo for free, its been sitting in a mates garage for a few years since an MOT failure.

Does anyone know what parts/if any can be transplanted from the coupe to a GTV V6?

I am sure I saw on here somewhere that the front ARB from the fiat fit the GTV and was actually an upgrade??, did a search and couldnt find anything conclusive.

Cheers,
Peter

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't strip it, bring it back to life! :D

Coupe turbos are great cars...

Cheers, Baggers.
True, thats an option if its not too far gone!

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Sell the engine and loom to someone with a 2.0 GTV or a 155 to do an engine conversion.:)

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
Hi Wayne

Are the engine mounts, gearboxes, driveshafts etc the same?

Or is it much more involved than a 'straight swap'? :rolleyes:

Cheers, Baggers.

Engine is pretty much a drop in, bit of work involved for all the bits, not that bad though.:thumbs:

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
is it the 2.0 16v turbo or 2.0 20v turbo?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its a 20v

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I agree, bring it back to life :)

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
Aye, a 20v won't fit a GTV but a 16v will.
Oh yes it will........:lol: They've been fitted into 155s so they'll fit a GTV!

If the OP does decide to break the car I had someone asking for the rear end body bits - lights and fuel filler etc.........for some custom project. Happy to put you in touch!

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Oh yes it will........:lol: They've been fitted into 155s so they'll fit a GTV!

If the OP does decide to break the car I had someone asking for the rear end body bits - lights and fuel filler etc.........for some custom project. Happy to put you in touch!
You live and learn!:eek: surely you have to do some serious modification to the front area ie: cut big chunks out? :confused:

·
Vendor
46,342 Posts
You live and learn!:eek: surely you have to do some serious modification to the front area ie: cut big chunks out? :confused:
Nah, someone got a 2.4 10v JTD engine in without modification and thats the same block, so the 2.0 20v will go in as well no doubt. GTV, 155, Coupe, 145/146, Bravo/Brava are all basically the same at the front end anyway, they're all Tipo based.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just to echo Baggers comment ..... think carefully before pulling random bits off .. I am lucky enough to own a V6 GTV and a 20v turbo coupe . Many similarities at the front end / rear end much different . Gearbox has viscous fluid differential to help cope with the mad power delivery of the (incredible) engine . Not really a viable GTV upgrade though as the fluid degrades over time (new units I think unavailable) and many 'coop' owners fit the Alfa Q2 or a Quaife etc. LSD . Probably the only car that would tempt a GTV owner to 'stray'.
I'm a Fiat Coupe Forum member. Let me know if you want it mentioned that a 20v Coupe is near death in the Aberdeen area.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Someone else got in before me and is going to try put it back on the road.

Cheers for the info guys! :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts