Alfa Romeo Forum banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Thats a shed load mate :thumbs:

They are good lads wouldn't take my GT anywhere else.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Sorry to hear about the big bills.
Again this is why I opted down the LPG route. I like the car etc I like the petrol engine. Alfa's engines love LPG and boost they are made from the factory to just take the differences.

In any case Its now cheaper to run than a diesel but doesn't suit everyone at all.

Autolusso will sort it out. Its probably just something come loose.
You've had all the major work done for it to be good for years to come. So don't worry too much.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
thanks scotty,

it was nothing major, just a vacuum hose connection, sorted in under an hour after a drive back to bournmouth.

car is running sweet now..:D

i'm still worried about the swirl flaps though:(

it is now, the only issue that concerns me on the car..

·
Registered
13 Posts
fiat coupe turbo

I have a coupe turbo that's been breathed upon(larger turbo, intercooler, exhaust, k&n induction and remapped, competition clutch aprox 300hp ), its fantastically quick in a straight line in the dry and so much fun to out accelerate most things on the road. the straight 5cyl sounds superb.
Bought mine quite reasonably as mot was about to expire and it needed new sills , beware no one makes them and I had to have them custom made from a sill section , on stripping down both inner and outer needed replacing.
they are difficult to get under to have a look at but worth making the effort before you buy. I am selling mine to a friend ( I hope) as I need some funds for a business.

Have recently bought a 2005 gt and am pleasantly pleased with it

·
Registered
47 Posts
It was the fccuk forum that made ownership not just a labour of love but a real communal thing. Similar to this forum it's got it's known issues, many mentioned here. I would bid my time and find the right well looked after example, keep your eyes on the fccuk for sale section and avoid the temptation of buying just on price alone because you can easily double that 2k in bills. Good luck, lovely car, I preferred the looks from the rear. Sold my ink black 20VT before moving to a 156. Fond memories !

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
this is on hold for a spell...due to some horrendous bills on the GT...

but it WILL happen at some point!

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
thanks scotty,

it was nothing major, just a vacuum hose connection, sorted in under an hour after a drive back to bournmouth.

car is running sweet now..:D

Does a 2005 GT have them? I get all confuddled about emission **** on these cars.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts

Just disconnect the things in the open position. I'm sure they won't get sucked in that way... Well hopefully.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Saying that I got an insurance quote for a Fiat Coupe Turbo. £800 FC.
Might be sticknig with the 147 @ £550

Rather go on holiday with the extra cash... :)

81 - 90 of 90 Posts