Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for refurb-ed brake calipers for my phase 1 GTV. Searching a well known online auction site, used condition ones are almost within my budget, but are fairly rare for us Alfitisi's.
However, Fiat Coupe's of the same period and are from the same stable-yard, are more plentiful, cheaper, and at least from the photo's look to be the same dimensions as mine. Made by Brembo for example. I'm not bothered about keeping the 'brembo' or the 'alfa' decals on the side.

Don't mind getting calipers painted myself (thinking of granny-smith apple green in contrast to my alfarosso, tricoloure!), can anyone point me in the right direction for some second hand calipers? or do you know if the fiat coupe calipers will fit our Alfa's?

Cheapness is paramount.

·
Registered
709 Posts
i think they are the same, i had some from a fiat coupe on my punto with brackets and they look identical to the ones on the GTV.

i got mine from the fccuk forum for about £80 for the pair, i also sold on another mint pair on that site for £120 so somewhere in between that price range. just check out all the breaking threads and ask the question.

also watch out for dodgy threads on these calipers, both my punto and gtv ones had to be helicoiled as the threads are like cheese, ask for close up pictures.

·
Registered
38,666 Posts
GTV and Coupe Brembo Calipers are the same apart from some of them being a different colour.

·
Registered
10,605 Posts
If they fit, do not forget the V6 166 has Brembo calipers....:)

·
Registered
38,666 Posts
The 166 ones are different to the GTV and Coupe, I think the gap between the mounting holes is bigger among other things.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts