Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently brought a Fiat coupe 20v engine and was wondering are the mountings the same or will I need to alter the 155 in some way. Also will I have to use the fiat coupe hubs too. Cheers in advance. I will also post pictures and updates if people would like to see the project progress.
Thanks Fatash

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Chris. Cheers for the offer but I managed to get a coupe loom. But did you use coupe supensions struts or the original 155 ones. Cheers Ash

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
At a guess, I would have thought the Coupe struts/hubs need to be used.

Although not sure if the Top mounts are the same for Coupe, you should use 155 top mounts.

Coupe struts because of the weight of the engine.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers all for the helpful advice. First project of its kind. So steep learning curve. Lots of coupe struts on Ebay so I'll have a gander. Alfa 155 top mounts are the same but the dreaded rust has struck so I will have to get new ones :S.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hey Chris. Cheers for the offer but I managed to get a coupe loom. But did you use coupe supensions struts or the original 155 ones. Cheers Ash
I mean that I would remove the wires from coupe loom that are not needed and the coupe loom as a engine loom that can plug into the 155 main loom.

I've got 20vt hubs, disc's, brembo's, driveshaft and I've got 2 1/4" coilovers fitted to my 155 with bravo top mounts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm that might be quite helpful. Got hold of some brembos today. Think that's the most expensive bit. How long did your's take to put the engine in mate?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Will I also need the steering knuckle do people know? Got my brembos now and I don't think the will fit on to the standard 155 knuckles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts