Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I will only believe it when they are on the showroom floor!

·
Registered
7,633 Posts
you guys know they brought two in in 2014 right..

you know they broke one due to detonation and sent the other liming home

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
you guys know they brought two in in 2014 right..

you know they broke one due to detonation and sent the other liming home
...you know that the ecu in every SA spec FCA product has been tuned for our fuel and altitudes right...

My 156 had slightly strange behavior when I bought it and the ecu was found to be in Brazilian spec (same as US: 87-92 octane fuel) and 10% to 80% alcohol compatible. Needless to say after the SA software was loaded it was running fine.

What is strange about this, is that my dad's Fiat Sienna HL also had the same issue which was picked up much later because it didn't act up like the 156 did.

My point is, I am sure they will sort the ecu trouble out once the car is homologated for SA use. I want a 100bhp version :biglaugh:

·
Registered
7,633 Posts
Ian they broke it

Reactions: scrgdk

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Ian they broke it
Then it should be "they" that are at fault not the car. What I meant earlier was that these 2 mules probably didn't have SA spec ecu's fitted so that's why they didn't work.

I want a 100bhp version :biglaugh:

·
Registered
7,633 Posts
lol they did two maps.. one clearly failed and the other was close but pinges like a mofo.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
They are dumb. They do not understand the "combustion" part of the Internal Combustion Engine. Shame.

Usually the software is written for SA by Italy. One has to understand that when you have an engine running in Europe with up to 98 octane freely available, and the same engine s happy in Brazil with an alcohol blended 87 octane then it is possible for that engine to run on anything in between, including our fuels.

This is the bit I was talking bout remapping engines being done by laptop technicians. What do they really know? :paranoid:

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Too little too late anyway. The hype around the 500 is over. People are raving about many other cars and things now. They should have capitalized on it then.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts