Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I did buy another car other than an Alfa with my budget and it had to be Italian then this little hatchback ticks alot of the boxes i.e it has 4 doors, cheap ro run, seems quick enough reading the stats (hopefully would be able to remap it) and is pretty enough. Anyone driven one?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yep, great car, great interior :D And in the electric blue look class :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice cars.....with quite timeless styling too :cool:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorely tempted to be honest. Could do with a smaller engined petrol turbo and unfortunately the MiTo is too small and the Giulietta too expensive. This Bravo seems very good value for money

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
We have a 1.9 diesel one, and I have to say its a great car. Its the real workhorse of the house (its an Oct 2007 and has 120,000 miles on!).

It is very well screwed together. Cant comment much on the TJet though I have heard can be thirsty when worked hard. Apart from that I have not seen any recurring problems with it.

Check out The FIAT Forum - For Talk On All Things FIAT

(not as good as here but ok)

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
The steering is cack & you'll hate it for that alone!

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Surely it's a very similar rack to Mito and Giulietta..? "A bit springy" steering would be the leccy doodah.. rather than the mechanical setup.. not much to be done aboot it.. It's "progress".. :D

Ralf S.

·
Registered
34,373 Posts
Surely it's a very similar rack to Mito and Giulietta..? "A bit springy" steering would be the leccy doodah.. rather than the mechanical setup.. not much to be done aboot it.. It's "progress".. :D

Ralf S.
The Mito has a very strange and for me unacceptable steering set-up offering no feedback but the Giulietta has a twin pinion electric system which is pretty good with the bonus of two DNA levels of resistance.I certainly would not have bought one if it was a bit springy.
to quote EVO magazine
"What’s it like to drive?
Stung by criticism of the smaller Mito's stodgy, rubbery electric power steering, the Giulietta has a new system with the motor on the rack instead of the column - less friction; less inertia. The result is a much more natural steering feel and a welcome transparency.
"http://www.alfaromeo.co.uk/uk/#/car-models/giulietta/technology/dual-pinion-steering

·
Registered
13,233 Posts
Nice one. I dunno which the Bravo would have.. mechanically it's closer to a Giulietta than a Mito.. but it's older than the Mito, so you'd figure it uses the "previous" system..

Still... you can get used to anything.. :D

Ralf S.

·
Premium Member
7,625 Posts
The steering does lack feel, especially compared to the GTA, however, I have driven many electric steering cars, and the Bravo isn't noticeably worse than most....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts