Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
It's not like they would be expecting people to come to a car showroom and actually want to drive a car, is it now?

#Morons #Sack'emOff
It gets better, she rolls up today for the test drive and the said Abarth isn't there. They have loaned it to a customer for the day. Of course they left a message on her phone, a message that vanished.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Just to add to this thread
I've just bought a Mini Cooper for my commute to work, 2005 model with low miles and its absolutely addictive !
Yes the ride is a bit bouncy ( same as the 500 there) and the sports seats a bit too firm but feels incredibly well built, corners like its on rails and current trip readout is 40.3 mpg.
Never had a small car before and it really is getting under my skin this one !

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Test drove an Audi S1 yesterday, wish we hadn't as too expensive but what a car!!!! Wasn't overly keen on the Abarth, test drove two and felt too high up in them and they didn't feel very quick (basic 135bhp models, maybe the Turismo or Competizione would solve that issue). Yet to find a mini in the spec/colour she wants so can't comment on driving one as yet. The hunt continues.

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Unusual choice - Mazda 2 (although not as hot as Abarth, Cooper or S1)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Forget the title as she is going to get an A1. The S1 is just too expensive so an A1 with the 185bhp engine and a remap should take it to about 210bhp is a decent alternative. Drive was good, not amazing like the S1 but didn't expect that. Also drove a mito veloce 155 at the weekend which she loved the look of but a weird noise when the car hit 60mph put us off sadly

21 - 26 of 26 Posts