Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

I've found out the heated seats don't work at either side - no heat and the red LED on the seats doesn't light up (i'm guessing that's what it's for), can anyone tell me where the fuse is for the seat heaters, just so i can check it. i would assume it was the connection under the seat if it was just one side not working.

Anyone removed a window motor before? how do you do it on the rear of the 156?

Also, if it is the top mounts that are knackered on the rear of my GTA, are they a DIY replacement? if so, how's it done?

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
Ok,

I've found out the heated seats don't work at either side - no heat and the red LED on the seats doesn't light up (i'm guessing that's what it's for), can anyone tell me where the fuse is for the seat heaters, just so i can check it. i would assume it was the connection under the seat if it was just one side not working.
I am having the same problem, they we're both working totally fine then when I got in her tonight nothing...I wonder if a fuse has blown?

M

·
0 Posts
Have you both thought about consulting your owners manual? this should show you where the fuse will be located.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Are they definitely not working? Mine take an age to warm up. The seat and car are already warm by the time they come on!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Have you guys tried holding the button down to see if the red light comes on?

I think it is quite common for the plastic button to break so that the switch doesn't stay on. It happened on my 147 2.0 where the light doesnt come on but if i hold the button down the light comes on and the seats heat up.....

·
Registered
379 Posts
If both of them aren't working its the supply I'd guess. Bit of a coinserdence that they'd both fail. Not sure how'd they'd be wired up tho, a radial doing both or individually wired.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I have same problem with seats, no lights and the other things on same fuse work fine.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
45,791 Posts
These switches and the wiring loom to them are very badly designed, they burn out on a regular basis. I sell these almost as soon a car with heated seats comes in for breaking, especially at this time of the year. The problem with them is that the whole current for the seat heaters goes through the switch, instead of using a relay. The switches get hot and melt and it breaks the circuit. Sometimes instead of the switch melting, the plug on the loom that plugs into the switch melts. Anyone out there with either working or non-working heated seats, unplug your switch and check the colour of the white plastic base and the plug, I bet in parts it is brown where it has gotten very hot.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
the heated seats in both gtas apparently works, lights come on but i can barely feel the heat so dont bother. wifes x5 on the otherhand can burn a hole in my jeans :). i was hoping something needs fixing and they will get a bit hotter. ive heard other 156 gta owners have pretty nice warm seats. the seats are quite thick so i doubt they get that warm.

·
Vendor
45,791 Posts
You can carefully reach into the plastic moulding and push in a tab which allows the switch to pop out.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Every year when it gets cold, I think, "ooh, i've got heated seats, why should I put up with this cold seat". Then by the time it comes on, I've already warmed the seat with my arse, so I don't use it again until the next year when I've forgotten how slow it is. This way, only using it once a year, it should hopefully last a while!

·
Vendor
45,791 Posts
Top mount replacement - about 2-4 hours per side at home I would have thought, depending on the level of corrosion encountered. You have to remove the strut, compress the spring, remove the top mount, the fit the new one, remove the spring compressors, and re-fit the strut into the car.

Window regulator - this is fairly stright forward job but very fiddly and awkward, you will see how to do it once you have the door card off. Basically it just needs unbolting and removing from the door, you have to pull off a little clip to allow the glass to come off the regulator, these are brittle and easy to snap but as you are replacing the regulator it doesn't matter so much, just make sure its pushed back on square when you refit it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts