Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Been for the last two years, I was there on the day the 4c was stuffed into a pile of hay bales. Not much had changed so I'm giving it a miss this year, might go again in a couple of years.

It's a great day though, get there early, so much so see....and sit in. :)

All the best

Pub

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Have not been for a couple of years but went virtually every year for 10 years before that. It's a great event but is so big now that you can't do it all in a day - plan what you really want to see beforehand. Also, GET THERE EARLY as said above. Last time we went we queued for an hour and a half to get into the main car parks off the A27.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
As above I've been many times but not for the last four years as it does get a little samey after five years on the trot. However for the first few visits it's a fantastic day out. I've always been on a Sunday which is when the car's really let rip on the hill....for this reason it's the busiest day of the three. Once again....be early. Ideally you want to be in the gates by 8 at the latest....the tickets are expensive and you want your value for money from them. The glitzy, corporate car stands tend to be in the centre of the grounds....not much to see there really that you couldn't check out at your local dealership. The gems tend to be hidden away on the outskirts of the event grounds. The display by Goodwood house is well worth a visit, as is the racing car paddock. There are a couple of crossover bridges dotted along the hill....make a mental note of these when you're planning your day otherwise you can spend lots of wasted time just walking back and forth. It is worth working out what you 'really' want to see before you go....a little itinerary as such, otherwise you'll find that you tend to just drift along and by the end of the day you'll realise there was so much that you didn't see.
So be early, have a bit of a plan, and enjoy.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I've been a couple times and was disappointed at the Alfa absence last year. Going again this year on the back of Alfa's reappearance (any excuse). Sound advice from MMM - be early and have a plan!

·
Registered
58 Posts
As above I've been many times but not for the last four years as it does get a little samey after five years on the trot.
Same reason I stopped automatically buying (T&)CC and C&SC every month. In isolation most editions are great, but after a while I'm sure the same cars get featured again.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Prefer the revival with Pit access. That does get expensive but when else do you stand 2ft from multi million pound cars and watch them stripped, repaired and prepped for a race.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi there,
I'm a volunteer, on the start grandstand looking after family viewing. Been doing it for a while now, do your own thing in the morning then on duty in the afternoon. Same with the revival. they're both good days out. I find being there for the three days you find things you'd have missed.
Goodwood people are magic, apply now for the revival, and next years Members Meeting.
Cheers,
Pete.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Went to the festival in 2012, its EPIC for petrolheads, highlights for me :
Racing car paddock, standing right next to a Porsche 956 as the mechanics fettle it for start up
Loudest car in paddock, Alfa 155 DTM, didn't get too close to that one for its ability to make your ears bleed
So many amazing supercars to see, gumperts, veyrons, aventadors, that kind of stuff
Some great racing personalities, met Jacky Ickx, such a nice bloke, had loads of time for everyone
Watching F1 cars in action up the hill
Just an absolutely brilliant event, loved every minute

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
Wish I could get down there......the Giulia is making an appearance (in LHD form, I guess) :)

Enjoy!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts