Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I have actually owned my first Alfa for a year now and I can honestly say I have never enjoyed (loved) a car this much. After years of owning German motors thinking they were the DG, I opted for a change. I wanted something a little different and my brother, who works in the automotive industry suggested a GT. That's exactly what I ended up buying and I broke two major rules when I bought the car 1) I actually bought the first one I viewed :yikes: and 2) I bought it from a guy living in London!

Rule number 1 was broken because I knew instantly I wouldn't find a better preserved GT (JTS) The car is in incredible condition for its age, quite the specimen. The guy had loads of ARs over the years and a Maserati. This was one of many he owned and he was quite reluctant to get rid of it but needed the space to park a new motor. I also noted he'd only done 3.5k miles a year in this one on average. She's a 2004 and now still only has 95k on the clock for her full history. Considering it had been parked on the streets in London, I still cannot work out how it's in the condition it is, especially inside, it's like brand new.

I have every receipt of every penny of expense since the car was new and it's been so well maintained. I took it to Autolusso in Bournemouth for the first time recently and they commented on how well maintained the engine had clearly been. I have been looking after it with no expense spared and so far have probably invested nearly again what I paid for it. I even treated the old lady to a full on machine polish and Quartz pack which I can tell you was worth every penny of the £400. It's like the car has been resprayed, so if you haven't considered that before just DO IT!

Rule number two was broken for the same reason as number 1! Even though test driving a car in West London, isn't ideal, I could tell the guy was genuine and that the car felt and looked very solid. So far proven correct.

Now my only quandary is that the ONE thing this car is missing is the 3.2 Busso and I even woke up at 3am thinking about that!! I am totally addicted and am seriously keen on buying a really solid version of the 3.2 - but I want as clean as my JTS and with a fully comprehensive service record. If you read this and have any advice about what to look out for or to consider when buying one I would very much appreciate the support. Some of you guys have been AR owners for decades so as a newbie to the wonderful world of AR I could use your help! :rotate::beer:

·
Administrator
87,747 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks David. Seems a little quiet in here. I bought club membership yesterday thinking we got magazines and stuff. Only later read lots of posts about the fact Premium members no longer really get that stuff. In your experience is there still a good active membership?

·
Administrator
87,747 Posts

·
Premium Member
42,864 Posts
Hello larry and welcome to the forum :thumbs:

Congratulations on your GT :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts