Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rant: Would anyone especialy from the companies concerned care to explain the pricing policy of cross channel opperators. Why am I being offered a euro tunnel ticket for 259 pounds when a day return ticket is 29 pounds !( they cant make 200 pounds out of everyone on duty free anymore)
Why if I book a ferry ticket through an Agent the same ticket will be pounds cheaper.!?
Why can Norfolkline offer not only normaly cheaper tickets but the best ferries( in my experience) on a run that is longer for them than than the others (Dover Dunquirke )
If the EEC wants good communication between England and Europe shouldnt cheap travel be available ?
In the days of cheap airplane tickets shouldn't the cross channel companies compete?
.....IT MAKES ME SO ANGRY.....!!!:rant:

M

·
0 Posts
absolutely agree dude...having the hassle at the mo trying to book a eurostar trip to paris for the middle of feb...

:(

M

·
0 Posts
coming back from brussells we bought return tickets because it was far far cheaper...

:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I read in the small print that if you dont take the return part hey will come after you for a full single fare........Has anyone out there tried it ?

And..... I bet if you have a normal return ticket and dont take the return they wont come after you to give back the difference in the cost from a single !!:rant:

·
AO Silver Member, Classic Alfas Lounge Winner 09
1,315 Posts
N.B said:
Why can Norfolkline offer not only normaly cheaper tickets but the best ferries( in my experience) on a run that is longer for them than than the others (Dover Dunquirke )
If the EEC wants good communication between England and Europe shouldnt cheap travel be available ?
In the days of cheap airplane tickets shouldn't the cross channel companies compete?
I thought this was a quiz, but you've given us the answer first! :confused: :confused: :confused:

If Norfolk Line is so good and cheap (and I agree on both) use them. That's competition.

·
Registered
304 Posts
My gripe is that there isn't a good overnight crossing with times suitable for going to Le Mans. I wonder how much it would cost to charter a ferry and hire a crew just for the weekend? I bet you could make a mint selling the tickets.

I think we'll be travelling several hundred miles out of the way to the tunnel this year.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Try www.speedferries.com

They operate a single ticket each way type policy. Ive used them several times, cheap and quick. Only problem for me is the lack of crossings, about one every 3-4 hours. Others seem more turn up and go

·
1,315 Posts
NellyWannaGTV said:
My gripe is that there isn't a good overnight crossing with times suitable for going to Le Mans.
We use Transmanche (Newhaven - Dieppe). There's a 23.30 crossing that takes about 5 hours (useful kipping time) and, after a short 3 hour drive, we get to Le Mans in time for breakfast. :D They have good prices too.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Plastic Pig said:
We use Transmanche (Newhaven - Dieppe). There's a 23.30 crossing that takes about 5 hours (useful kipping time) and, after a short 3 hour drive, we get to Le Mans in time for breakfast. :D They have good prices too.
We used that last year, but it was a bit crappy. The boat was rubbish, it was expensive, and both Newhaven and Dieppe are really out of the way.

This year we are going in the tunnel. We are taking Friday off and going Friday morning.

·
1,315 Posts
NellyWannaGTV said:
The boat was rubbish,
Agreed :( , but they have new ships this year :) .
it was expensive
Our fare was pretty cheap, but we did book ahead.
and both Newhaven and Dieppe are really out of the way.
Newhaven is coser to Wokingham (Reading?) than Dover :confused:
Dieppe is only 3 hours from Le Mans, Calais is 5 :confused:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For the Le Mans run its almost worth paying a bit more to see all those cool cars ....but for your normal run where you get to park behind a vaux. Vectra or a camper van....
....... and my gripe is mainly that sometimes its cheap and sometimes its expensive (esp eurotunnel) why? .........and I agree sometimes the ships are awful. The last sea france one smelt of seaweed and stale salt water and that was in the restaurant!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts