Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Do you prefer pre or post F355 Ferraris

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been done before so i will do it anyway :)

I think that the F355 was a turning point for Ferrari, IMHO the cars built up to and including the F355 were by far much better looking than the newer ones.

My personal Faves are the 308 GTB the 288 GTO and the F40.

So what is it to be pre F355 or post F355 ?

H

·
0 Posts
Pre, without a doubt.

But it's not just about looks. IMO the Ferrari's built in the last 10 years, undoubtedly supreme in performace terms, but they lack a certain something that a supercar should have

Call it 'soul', call it 'feel', call it whatever you like, but modern Ferrari's don't have it.

·
Premium Member
12,865 Posts
.. but they lack a certain something that a supercar should have

Call it 'soul', call it 'feel', call it whatever you like, but modern Ferrari's don't have it.
I disagree with you if you don't mind :D I can understand your point of view and it certainly is valid up to a certain level for the F360. But personally I think the F430 does have soul and feel and is extremely more entertaining than a F360.

Nothing beats a V12 with carburetors though so I should say pre. A 365 GTB/4 or 250 GT Lusso would do thank you :D

·
Registered
29,280 Posts
pre for me as well. i really like the newer stuff as well (don't understand why so many people reckon the 360 and 430 are ugly) but the 308 and 328 were just gorgeous, i used to watch magnum as a kid and loved that car so much it HURT. the 355 however, is ferrari's zenith - the most beautiful car they (arguably anybody) ever made

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Both :thumbs:

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
I'd echo what Al said :)

my little boy now has my 308 GTB Corgi car :)

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Ferrari's stopped being properly beautiful and desirable after the 308. Great engineering etc. but not for me (with the possible exception of a 599 with manual g'box and some old school tacho/gauges etc.)

·
Registered
869 Posts
Pre for me!

The 275,328 and 246gt are for me are just three of the most beautiful Ferrari's made.
When I was a kid at school I remember drawing 328's on my jotter.

Post 355 are ok,but the 360/430 dont do much for me.

I do like the 456gt and 612 scaglietti though.:)

·
Registered
38,254 Posts
I like most Ferrari's to a degree, but if I could afford to buy one I would go with a newer one. I think it would be easier to live with, as well as still having something special.

I think the 512BB is probably my favorite old school Ferrari. I had a poster of it on my bedroom wall when I was a kid.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
Pre, without a doubt.

But it's not just about looks. IMO the Ferrari's built in the last 10 years, undoubtedly supreme in performace terms, but they lack a certain something that a supercar should have

I call it unreliability :lol:

·
Registered
30 Posts
A real Ferrari has to be pre Fiat, undoubtably the 275's and the Daytona are works of art. As Clarkson says, a modern Ferrari is all about wind tunnels and maths, post 355's IMHO are missing some of the old magic as i think they are trying to be too clinical, that should be left to the Germans, but then again from a technical perspective,328's and 348's were dinosaurs compared to the competition at the time, so i think it was inevitable Ferrari have taken this path.

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Yes.. Ferraris have to be more useable and efficient or nobody would buy one.

Both pre- and post- cars suit their times... just that the pre- have the advantage of having chrome and no wind-tunnel involved in their design.

275SWB or 250GTO for me.. :)

Ralf S.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I was using this poll as a cunning way to see who thought i was a knob. my suspicions were correct Nomad and my shrink was wrong when he a said i had a persecution complex ( i allways knew i was a sociapath ) :p

A sociopath who cant spell

·
Vendor
46,128 Posts
I voted 'pre', however there are some exceptions. Some of the larger Ferraris post-355 are lovely.. 456 was weird looking but gorgeous, 550 was a beaut, as was the 575 and now the 599..

I never used to like the 360, always preferring the 355. I still do, but since the 430 has come out I have started to like the 360 more and more.. :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
The 355 was, and still is, a very pretty car indeed.

The replacement models (360 & 430) manage to move the game on in terms of performance but sadly they've lost there youthful good looks along the way.

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
pre 1970 for me, i ve struck most of the 80's and early 90's ferraris from my mind, the current ones are spot on though.

f355 does bugger all for me, its just a rebodied 348 anyway, its looking very dated now compared to the 360 and 430 which are miles ahead in looks and performance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts