Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't normally like car-inspired goods (pens shaped like shock absorbers, tables made from engine blocks etc), but I think these are lovely. Maybe because there's leather craft on the wallet and the seats that inspired them, so they seem like a natural extension of each other. Plus, the pattern works equally well on the wallet as it does on the seat. Some nice items here:

250 GTO Naturale

I'm quite tempted, not least since the prices have come down a bit :thumbs:

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
price-wise, I think...if you keep the wallet for a good few years (assuming it's well made) then it's not too bad an investment. It'll still give you pleasure long after you have forgotten the price (in theory! :))

K

·
0 Posts
I think they work because you don't have to explain them. To the uninterested, it just looks like a nice leather wallet.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Clare bought me a Roberto Cavalli in Bellagio a few years back. Nice wallet but slightly large.

I bought a small bi-fold Ted Baker from John Lewis last year. Trouble is, it's so stuffed with crap (not cash) it makes a bigger bulge in my uniform jacket than the other one did:lol:

Hence, I have a nice man bag for when we go away or out:eek:

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okey the dokey...

in a rare moment of consumer madness, I have pulled the trigger and placed an order for one. My credit card almost had a heart attack seeing the light of day! :lol:

If it's good, I will buy one for my dad (either the Daytona, GTO, or 308-based wallets; all cars he represented/worked on when he was at Ferrari). I might have a chat with my mum and ask whether she will go halves with me for Pop's birthday this year. We'll see :)

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the 250 SWB Rubino but I'm not paying £200 for a wallet, I'd sooner spend the cash on Stingray :D
the Rubino is lovely...and in line with your thinking - I think my dad might be happier with a £200 piece of kit for his Leon's ECU than he would be with a £200 wallet. :)

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
I've been mostly impressed with the Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta on the Brera and they're £160 a pop so I'll be sticking with them and I'm due up two new fronts :cry:

That said mate the Rubino is a very very good looking wallet :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
It's my 30th in May and I've all the guitar equipment I need so as a present to myself I'm having one. Not sure which though. Will look good when me and the missus go to the Clachaig in Glencoe for a fewdays to allow me to relive the time when I lived up there.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Okey the dokey...

in a rare moment of consumer madness, I have pulled the trigger and placed an order for one. My credit card almost had a heart attack seeing the light of day! :lol:

If it's good, I will buy one for my dad (either the Daytona, GTO, or 308-based wallets; all cars he represented/worked on when he was at Ferrari). I might have a chat with my mum and ask whether she will go halves with me for Pop's birthday this year. We'll see :)
Good man:thumbs:

·
Registered
448 Posts
It's my 30th in May and I've all the guitar equipment I need so as a present to myself I'm having one. Not sure which though. Will look good when me and the missus go to the Clachaig in Glencoe for a fewdays to allow me to relive the time when I lived up there.
Hard Beds.....Soft Climbers!:lol:

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
Okey the dokey...

We all deserve a treat sometimes :)

Sounds like the perfect present for your Dad :cool:

·
Registered
205 Posts
My wallet is like a Ferrari, especially considering how fast the money goes out of it :cheese:

I'll get me coat............

Great wallet though :thumbs:

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
forgot to say, mine arrived about two weeks ago. It came in a box wrapped like a present, beautifully packaged, and included a hand written thank-you card! I was astonished at the level of tlc that went into the packaging.

The wallet is lovely...the leather is so supple, and it smells just like the inside of an older Ferrari's cabin. Don't laugh, but I keep sniffing it :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts