Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Cool?

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replacement for the brilliant 458 Italia and the first mid engined turbo Ferrari since the F40

Technically and dynamically superb, but is it cool?

image.jpg

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
The car is the Mutz Nuts, who cares if people think you are cool or a plum? If you are driving it you will have the biggest grin on your face and be able to drve a supercar like Schumacher. :)

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Things have changed. Recent Ferraris are edgy, driver focussed cars. The opposition is flashier and less competent. Porsche remain stoically practical but even they are less pure than they were with the latest electro steering getting awfully negative press.

You'll probably still look a bit of a knob but true petrolheads will probably nod in appreciation and the attractive air-head blonde will see the value of the badge
so I think they are cooler now than 6-8 years ago.

Cool

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I'd love one, I'd love a 458 too. I love the look and think it's one of the best looking out of Maranello since the beautiful F355 (actually since the 458 :D)

It's not cool though. 308's are the newest cool Ferraris as everything later is just not cool, not remotely. Generally most people see a post 70's Ferrari (even 308's to a degree) and just see the owner as a wealthy annoying ****. It's rubbish of course and not true (well the wealthy bit).
Anyway this is not ever going to be cool for a long, long time, but who the **** cares as mentioned above by EauRouge. I'd personally love one, being a Ferrari mad loving **** :)

·
Registered
14,921 Posts
I'd love one, I'd love a 458 too. I love the look and think it's one of the best looking out of Maranello since the beautiful F355 (actually since the 458 :D)

It's not cool though. 308's are the newest cool Ferraris as everything later is just not cool, not remotely. Generally most people see a post 70's Ferrari (even 308's to a degree) and just see the owner as a wealthy annoying ****. It's rubbish of course and not true (well the wealthy bit).
Anyway this is not ever going to be cool for a long, long time, but who the **** cares as mentioned above by EauRouge. I'd personally love one, being a Ferrari mad loving **** :)
When the F40 featured on the wall I remember writing that it wasn't cool but that it really didn't matter (or words to that effect). I think the same applies here. I still don't like the styling of the back of it but from every other angle it looks great. Not as pretty as the 355 or the 308 but not a bad effort really.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts