Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was never a huge fan of the way the 458 Italia looked. The front looked unfinished and simple. That was about it really, everything else was brilliant. Apart from the price and not having driven one other than virtually on Gran Turismo 6, in which it was an absolute riot

Step forward the 488 GTB. It looks more or less identical but that new front end is a thing of aggressive beauty.

http://youtu.be/qlvMRTQ6-X0

Now, Camelot, i beg you to pick out my numbers for once. I think i have found a new favourite car :inlove:

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
Personally I think the 458 was the most beautiful car to come out of Maranello since the F355. I think the bit at the front that let the 458 down (it's a small down for me) was where the bonnet (or boot actually) met the side of the headlights. It looks as if the two designers never had each others drawings :D
The 488 front end does look a little tidier. I really would not say no to a 458 but I'm not sure I'll live long enough to afford one.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I think it was GT6 that made me fall for the 458 in a way I never thought likely for a Ferrari.

I have no way of knowing how realistic the "drive" is, and I'll almost certainly never get to try one, but it led me to start liking it more and more and with that familiarity its looks grew on me.

Reactions: MalcQV

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,899 Posts
I love the looks of this car. I'm not sure though whether it has looks that last. We'll know in twelve months.

What was the last beautiful Ferrari, I wonder.

·
63,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Beauty is personal innit. Some will say they have never made a beautiful one, some will say the F355. We could be here all night really. I think both the F12 and FF are beautiful in their own way, others will no doubt disagree

I think the F355 is probably the newest one that gets the most hands up as a good looker

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
They all get better with age.

Except maybe the Mondial.

Reactions: Keithy

·
63,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, how could i forget the 550 Maranello?

You see the FF, F12, 599 and 550, there is a pattern emerging as to what my favourite type of Ferrari is. The front V12 engined GT car

D

·
0 Posts
Plus it now has twin IHI turbo chargers which equates to over 660bhp.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
Oh, how could i forget the 550 Maranello?

You see the FF, F12, 599 and 550, there is a pattern emerging as to what my favourite type of Ferrari is. The front V12 engined GT car
I'd have a 550 in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
22,761 Posts
Beauty is personal innit. Some will say they have never made a beautiful one, some will say the F355. We could be here all night really. I think both the F12 and FF are beautiful in their own way, others will no doubt disagree

I think the F355 is probably the newest one that gets the most hands up as a good looker
There's not many that are as fugly as the 365GT4.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I really like the Mondial, which is perhaps no surprise :)
I guess not. Eye of the beholder and it'd be a sad world if everyone liked the same thing.

·
Registered
13,685 Posts
I was in the workshop yesterday where I take my car. They have a couple of Mondials they support from a racing team and also a 3.4t in for service. The owner had swapped the wheels for some 19" BBS wheels, they were heavy wheels (I picked one up) and probably not good for the car but what a difference to the way it looked.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts