Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Ferrari 458 Italia

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The successor to the F430, the 458 Italia is a Tour de Force. Filled to the brim with technology and capable of impressive performance. But is it cool?

Engine: F136-FB 90° V8
Displacement: 4,499 cc
Aspiration: Naturally aspirated
Power: 562 bhp (419.1 kW) @ 9,000 rpm
Torque: 398.3 lb·ft @ 6,000 rpm
Configuration: Mid-engined, rear-wheel drive
Weight: 1,380 kilo (3,042.4 lbs)
0 - 60 mph: 3.3 seconds
Top speed: 201.82 mph (325 km/h)

Attachments

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
It's a serious piece of kit! and will blow the 430 away in any gear and any situ, is in supercar territory and i do like it in the flesh, it is better looking in the flesh as pics do not do it justice.

I would love one! seriously cool car!:inlove:

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
I don't normally say this about Ferraris but somehow I think this one is just about cool. Maybe because it really does seem to be a driver's car more than a poseur's chest-wig chariot.

·
Registered
595 Posts
It's cool & stylish in a modern car sort of way, but i wish Ferrari would make a pretty car with modern features, like the old Dino or GTO, it wouldn't matter if it's faster than the other supercars, they would sell loads; lets face it other than taking the car to a track how often would you get to floor it in a town, and can you really notice that it goes from 0-62 a second quicker? I rather be sitting in a super cool pretty car with the air con on, and some Ibiza Chill Out classics playing through my MP3 stereo!

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Uncool - too much of a playstation car. 430 was way cooler IMHO.

PS. Sat in one at Geneva (photo on AO somewhere).

·
Registered
24,536 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
A good friend of mine has one on order. At some point, he will loan it to me, as he has done with his 355, 360 and 430. :D

It is therefore, subzero. :lol:

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
not big on modern Ferraris, however this car doesnt look like a Ferrari imo. I think in those photos it looks better in yellow than red. If it wasnt a Ferrari I'd probably like it LOL

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,848 Posts
i love it :) I'm a bit intimidated by the interior though (all those buttons); I wish it was like an Elise inside, so the purity of the driving experience extended to the cabin.

Would I have one? Yes please! :)

Mike69; when you've had a go, would you do us a little write up please mate? :thumbs:

·
Registered
7,785 Posts
i love it :) I'm a bit intimidated by the interior though (all those buttons); I wish it was like an Elise inside, so the purity of the driving experience extended to the cabin.

Would I have one? Yes please! :)

Mike69; when you've had a go, would you do us a little write up please mate? :thumbs:
Wait until they bring out the "Scud" version, then it will be everything you could ever desire!:cool:

K

·
0 Posts
It's a supercar. It will be driven by footballers and Peter Stringfellow types. It may be technically brilliant, it may even nearly be pretty, but it's seriously uncool.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
Its a Ferrari- its uncool

1 - 20 of 61 Posts