Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guy's,
Can anyone tell me the price and obviously where I can get a set of ferodo ds 2000 or the newest ds....... for the front of my V6 skinny.
thanks
Nick :confused:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marlon,
the existing pads have been in a while and now i've noticed a squeaky noise when I pull away from standstill I cant notice any brake binding , and it goes if I touch the brake.But 1 side's disc gets alot hotter and has alot more brake dust.Was hoping that if I changed the pads 4 new ones the piston will have to go right back in and this may help????
:confused:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
It sounds like a little brake binding, mcenroe. :rolleyes: The brake pads themselves may be tight in the carriers and cause the slight drag. :eek: Alternatively, ensure both the caliper slide pins are free and well lubricated. Other than that, the actual piston on the caliper may be tight. To check the piston, push it back into the caliper with some very wide jaw pliers of something similar. If it is tight, try it with the bleed screw open, as the inside of the brake hose can collapse at the crimped joints. This can actually restrict brake fluid flow to the point where it seems like the piston in the caliper is seized. Therefore, if the piston retracts easlily with the bleed screw open, then it's the hose. :)

If you really need performance pads, I think that the ds2500 superseed the ds2000 pads. I tried the ds2000s in a previous Giulietta and found them to be a good compromise. :cool: The ds2500 should be even better.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ds2500 pads are very good. I have them all round on the V6 with standard discs. The brakes are much better than the Silverstone, which I thought had good brakes :rolleyes:

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need to find the cause of the problem with the calipers before you put in the new pads.

It should be cheap enough to get a normal garage to service the calipers at the same time as fitting the pads.

Otherwise you won't make the most of the DS2500 pads, you'll have uneven braking and rapid brake pad wear.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your help guy's . I will try to get someone to look at the calipers, change pads and fluid. asap .I was hoping to go to Brooklands on Sunday , so hope to have it done by then. :D

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Let us know the outcome and how it goes :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts