Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys. I need some help on Ferodos. I recently fitted DS2500 pads
with Zimmermann drilled disks at the front brakes on my 147. I want to upgrade the rear brakes too and i am wondering
which pads to fit. DS Performance ( DS 2000 ? ) or DS2500 ? I cant find a product code for DS Performance for the rear pads, does
anybody has a clue ?

DS2500 has a coefficient of friction = 0.50 while DS Performance has 0.42 (standard pads have approx 0.35 )

Since i replaced the front with stronger ones, i changed the front/rear braking ratio, so it would be better to fit DS2500 at the rear too
but i am wondering if i ll have any problems with the handbrake when the pads are cold, does anybody has personal experience on this ?

·
Registered
472 Posts
u dont really need DS2500 in rear. most of the work is done up front anyway. DS2000 shd be sufficient for rears.

redd

·
Registered
352 Posts
I ordered DS performance for the rear but they're out of stock. So I've got DS2500 on the front and the rear. No problems with the handbrake.

It's look like that DS performance doesnt exist for the 147 rear. I checked 2 websites: www.ferodo.co.uk and www.sandtler.de

DS2500 147 rear: FCP1349H

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Redd said:
u dont really need DS2500 in rear. most of the work is done up front anyway. DS2000 shd be sufficient for rears.

redd

Yes of course, but as an ex-biker I do appreciate the rear brakes' additional contribution on stoping..

@ClaSSic : Thanks a lot for the info, so it will be DS2500 for the rear too.. :cool:

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
jomor said:
Yes of course, but as an ex-biker I do appreciate the rear brakes' additional contribution on stoping..

@ClaSSic : Thanks a lot for the info, so it will be DS2500 for the rear too.. :cool:
I use Lucas pads (GDB1396) on the rear of my 2.0 TS
Fronts are Brembo Slotted Discs FS.030.053
which come with Brembo pads which are made by Ferrodo and supposedly Ferrodo DS2500 type .

·
Registered
30,200 Posts
jomor said:
I can’t find a product code for DS Performance for the rear pads, does anybody has a clue?

... I am wondering if I’ll have any problems with the handbrake when the pads are cold, does anybody has personal experience on this?
DS-Performance pads are not available for the rear calipers used on later 156 & all 147.

Re the handbrake: never rely on a disc handbrake to hold the car when parked, always leave it parked in 1st gear.

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
David C said:
DS-Performance pads are not available for the rear calipers used on later 156 & all 147.

Re the handbrake: never rely on a disc handbrake to hold the car when parked, always leave it parked in 1st gear.
Of course.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts