Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I would really appreciate your advice on a set of rear and front disc rotors (Ferodo Premium Coat + their set of pads) I bought from ebay from the seller Autosessive online store with regards to the authenticity. The seller claimed 100% original parts with a year of warranty. However, I am a bit skeptical about the discs. Upon their arrival and after unpackaging them, I noticed the following:

- the stamping on their outer wall appears to be of low quality as the lettering is not engraved in a shapely manner and it is different when compared to each other. It even looks ridiculously made.

- the ventilated discs appear to have a small difference in the thickness between their outer sides.

- the box of the discs was sealed with a transparent tape and did not have the special label (priospot) similar to the one that the pads had (the pads have been verified through the one-time code that you have to use via ferodo's website and seem to be original).

I would like to ask you, whether these points are concrete reasons to worry about the disks' authenticity.

I also attach some photographic evidence :wobble:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjvHeGlIsT0doUOzLAGSKczifNSf

I appreciate your help a lot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only pads are covered by R90.
Discs are not sealed and inner faces are often smaller than outer.
Thanks a lot for the information. But still, how do you explain the very bad crafting of the fonts? Comparing it with other discs I found online, the difference is more than obvious.

·
Read Only
4,556 Posts
They’re not going to stamp the letters on the disks - it would cause stress fractures. That is a very “hot” dot matrix printer. If they were fakes, I doubt they’d bother to put anything on them.

Never had a problem with Autosessive and I’ve ordered a fair bit from them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They’re not going to stamp the letters on the disks - it would cause stress fractures. That is a very “hot” dot matrix printer. If they were fakes, I doubt they’d bother to put anything on them.

Never had a problem with Autosessive and I’ve ordered a fair bit from them.
Thanks a lot for the reply rxe. Indeed Autosessive is well-rated company to risk that, but maybe they are victims of fakes too. If you see the pics, however, it is unbelievable how bad is made. I presume that a matrix dot printer would have had a more standardized way(if not exactly the same.) for crafting the letters.

Attachments

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Looks normal for standard basic vented discs.

Reactions: kostasfxr
1 - 7 of 7 Posts