Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rear pads and discs need changing on my 146 so I'm making this an excuse to upgrade to something slightly better than the OEM brakes.

After reading a lot of other peoples comments/opinions I've decided on Ferodo DS2500 pads at the front and DSPerformance pads on rear.

Could someone confirm which part numbers I'd need. The ferodo website suggests that the front and rear pads are the same, I thought they were different. The front pads have a 1052 in the number somewhere, the rears have got me confused.

Thanks. :)

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My 156 had solid disc setup and I upgraded to Tarox Sport Japan slot / drilled disc with Dsperformance pads front and rear with brake fluid change.
Fab brakes now, but fronts squeal on light applications .
I totally recommend whats on my car but should be the Dog`s bits on the 146 and my old 146 1.7v 16v were very good as standard.

·
Registered
50 Posts
paulb567 said:
Rear pads and discs need changing on my 146 so I'm making this an excuse to upgrade to something slightly better than the OEM brakes.

After reading a lot of other peoples comments/opinions I've decided on Ferodo DS2500 pads at the front and DSPerformance pads on rear.

Could someone confirm which part numbers I'd need. The ferodo website suggests that the front and rear pads are the same, I thought they were different. The front pads have a 1052 in the number somewhere, the rears have got me confused.

Thanks. :)
i'm pretty sure they are different, i changed the rears a while ago, just got standard pads from halfords, think they cost about £12! , they are the same as fiat punto rears apparently

just put some new pads and drilled/grooved discs on the front from www.ebspares.co.uk, very happy with them! , i'f not a touch noisey braking from high speed!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
xtremeuk said:
One word for you.

RedDot.
Are rubbish !!!!!

I'm not alone in this assumption. A few people on these forums have the same problems as me.
Brake fade way to easily which is even worse with grooved discs. I can get 5 or 6 medium applications of the brakes going into fast corners before thay start fade. My brake fluid is good BTW, just incase you were gonna suggest that. I also have braided hoses. The Red Dots work better with my standard discs.

A 156 owner on here contacted Red Dot and was told you have to fade their pads out periodically to get them to work properly. This sounds a bit dangerous and stupid to me. I'm going for Ferodo pads when I change as they were on the car when I bought it and the brakes were amazing and didn't fade at all !!!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well thanks for all your replies. The Ferodos have been ordered and will be fitted this weekend. Judging by my prior luck tinkering with this car it probably won't start afterwards either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts