Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I have a contact at Ferodo so I have the opportunity to order some sets of brake pads as a group buy

We can supply all Alfa Romeo's with the following.

DS Premier (OEM)
DS Performance (Fast Road)
DS2500 (Fast Road/Track Day)
DS3000 (Race Only)
FSF050 Brake Fluid.

The prices will be a considerable saving on prices in the UK as they will be coming direct from the factory.

Anyone interested?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Have you any prices? As I'll be interested in a set for the new GT front and rear.
Not sure what to go for though. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends how you drive. If you like to hoon and do the occasional track day I'd get the DS2500's, but if you just want standard pads just get the DS Performance or even the DS Premier (OEM level)

I don't have firm prices until I have at least 10 for the order (on around 5 at the mo). However we should be able to beat any UK prices you can find.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
I would be interested in either DS Performance (current pads) or DS2500 for the front and premier for the rear.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'd definitely be interested in this, DS2500's for the front and maybe premier for the rear. I'm not sure, V6 156 needs better brakes badly.

I'll throw my name down provisionally anyway

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd definitely be interested in this, DS2500's for the front and maybe premier for the rear. I'm not sure, V6 156 needs better brakes badly.

I'll throw my name down provisionally anyway
Premier are same as OEM pretty much so unless you need new rear pads I would just get the fronts. :)

·
Registered
9,331 Posts
DS Performance for 156 2.0TS fronts please!

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Providing you follow the proper bedding in procedure which is a bit extreme they will be absolutely fine and work from cold.

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its not just some emergency stops...

FERODO DS2500's BEDDING-IN INSTRUCTIONS
To achieve optimum performance from Ferodo Racing brake pads please follow the instructions below:

1) Perform 25 to 30 trial brake applications, each of approximately 4 seconds, using around 50% of normal race pedal pressure. To shorten the procedure applications can be made along the straights as well as through bends.

2) On completion of trial applications return to the pit lane. Inspect the surface of the brake pads from the two wheels which have been working the hardest. There should be evidence of contact over the full pad area but without glazing. The pads are now ready to race.

Whilst we recommend that pads are inspected, if time does not allow this, assuming procedure (1) has been carried out and a short period of time has elapsed to allow the brake system to cool, the pads will be ready to race.

IMPORTANT: to optimize the performance and life of both brake pads and discs, during the bedding-in period heat in the braking system should be built up progressively.

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm interested in ds premier/ performance front and rear depending on price
You should always run a lower friction compound on the rear so I will get you a price on performance front and premier rears.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ds2500

hi there i wood like a set for the front ds2500 for a nissan skyline r33 gtst p reg ,if you can let me no the price??
:thumbs:

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hi there i wood like a set for the front ds2500 for a nissan skyline r33 gtst p reg ,if you can let me no the price??
:thumbs:
Not familiar with my skylines.

Do you need Ferodo part number FCP986H?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 55 Posts