Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alfa GT 3.2 V6 Black For Sale, Xenons, Heated Seats, LPG £3,700

2004 Alfa GT 3.2 V6 for sale - LPG converted (Zavoli System), MOT till November
Quite high spec'd as GT's go, xenons, heated seats and jet fin alloys. Never come across one with this combination.
Well cared for with good service history, I'm an Alfa enthusiast ( you may notice the 2000 GTV in the background) so have always taken good care of the car with highly quality oils and genuine parts where possible. Its had the two most expensive V6 jobs done with a new clutch and cam belt in August 2015 at 127K, lower wishbones both side, wheel bearing, A\C just regassed. Milage at 130K miles, but the engine pulls nice and strong still and of course sounds fantastic with no alarming noises. I've inspected the engine thoroughly during my ownership and have no doubt it has plenty of miles to go.
LPG conversion was undertaken in 2010 by CRD Performance in Manchester. The tank size is 50 litres which gets you around 250 miles, overall delivering 41 MPG on the motorway and mid to low 30s around town. Of course can be run on petrol too.
Other bits that have been sorted are:
- Alternator voltage regulator ( common issue)
- Temp sensor replaced
- New coolant tank
- Powerflex top engine stabiliser bar
- Upper Wishbones
- Lower Wishbones
- Merle HD drop links
- Michelin Pilot Sport 3s, good tread left.
- Plenty of life left in discs and pads
-Wheels refurbished last year
-Alpine headunit included ( has the proper Bose adaptor so sounds great)

The car isn't perfect however, few bits need sorting such as:
- The drivers top mount knocks a bit over light bumps (new one included)
- Bonnet needs a respray ( large stone chip) ( or just fit a 147 bonnet in NERO)
- Few age related marks here and there
- Needs the flexis replacing ( included in sale)
- Passenger heated seat doesn't work
Despite the above this is a great chance to own a high specc'd GT, that's also affordable to run!
PM or text me on 07595 321 two seven five.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
What price?
where you based?
whats the lpg system?
why does it need to be recalibrated?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I saw the first price Joe had in the post before he edited (<£4k), which TBH looked well under valued...

Even with the small niggles, these cars are fetching good money now!

·
Registered
526 Posts
I saw it at £3495 about an hour after he posted.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Chaps,

I'm a bit on the fence with the price, as there really isn't a lot of these about to compare it with. Its definitely not the mintest GT around, but maybe I'm anal for a 12 year old car and 130K. On the other hand the important and costly bits have been sorted ( cambelt & clutch)

In answer to some questions :

Based in Woking, Surrey
System is Zavoli
After I had the engine out to do all the cambelt bits and clutch, the LPG system wouldn't work due to a severed cable. After repairing that and I'm still hunting for my cable so I can set it up again. I won't sell until its all working fine again.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Hi Chaps,

I'm a bit on the fence with the price, as there really isn't a lot of these about to compare it with. Its definitely not the mintest GT around, but maybe I'm anal for a 12 year old car and 130K. On the other hand the important and costly bits have been sorted ( cambelt & clutch)

In answer to some questions :

Based in Woking, Surrey
System is Zavoli
After I had the engine out to do all the cambelt bits and clutch, the LPG system wouldn't work due to a severed cable. After repairing that and I'm still hunting for my cable so I can set it up again. I won't sell until its all working fine again.
am over in Guildford, where in Woking are you? have a mate in Pyrford that I see regularly, I could be interested in this. I have a V6 itch that needs scratching.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Looks good, LPG is definitely the way to run these cars without needing a bank loan every month! I always thought I stole mine at the price I paid for it, seeing this just confirms it for me :)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
am over in Guildford, where in Woking are you? have a mate in Pyrford that I see regularly, I could be interested in this. I have a V6 itch that needs scratching.
I'm actually located in West End Village. Once I get a few bits sorted on it you are welcome to pop over and have a look/ drive.

Joe

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Will be at the Alfa day in Beauli sunday if anyone wants to chat about the car
I'm going too, I assume you still have to pay even if you bring your Alfa along?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Still for sale and now on eBay - cue the time wasters :depressed:
sadly you are correct..

hope you sell it soon, looks a good one for the price, I have had to take a step back from any other car due to long standing engineering works on our lane that has reduced our parking from a massive 6 spaces for 8 cottages too 4 spaces, and blocked our garages..not that you can safely use them without some Tw*t parking in front of them with your car inside...:furious:

we are having enough of an issue with two cars let alone adding a 3rd..:paranoid:

good luck with it though:thumbup:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still for sale and I've dropped it to £3,700. Can't understand why no one wants it, I drove it last weekend and it's still so much fun!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Still for sale and I've dropped it to £3,700. Can't understand why no one wants it, I drove it last weekend and it's still so much fun!
Don't want to be harsh but in answer to your question - mileage, non-metallic black and LPG conversion. There's one on Autotrader ATM same price and year as yours with metallic paint, red leather interior, FSH 1 family owned and 55,000 miles only. I think many people are wary of LPG conversions on sports cars despite the economy benefits. If you're buying a 3.2 chances are you don't do many miles so fuel economy is not a major issue.

·
Vendor
46,352 Posts
Put it on ebay as an auction, 7-day listing, no reserve, it'll likely make the sort of money you're asking for it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Don't want to be harsh but in answer to your question - mileage, non-metallic black and LPG conversion. There's one on Autotrader ATM same price and year as yours with metallic paint, red leather interior, FSH 1 family owned and 55,000 miles only. I think many people are wary of LPG conversions on sports cars despite the economy benefits. If you're buying a 3.2 chances are you don't do many miles so fuel economy is not a major issue.
Fair point, i think that one on Autotrader is quite under priced compared to others on there. It's been for sale for a while too, maybe GT 3.2s are just not that popular at the moment.

LPG is a love/hate. I enjoy being able to use the GT daily and not worry about MPG.

·
Registered
600 Posts
R.e the 55k one...low mileage, good condition, well specced cars are cheap for a reason. There is usually something wrong

I also think an eBay bid is your best way to sell

1 - 20 of 20 Posts