81 - 100 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Collection experience

Date of collection - Sept 1st 2009
Dealer - Alfa Cardiff (Dutton Forshaw)
Vehicle - Mito (new)
Faults noted on collection - car very dirty inside (had to ask for a cloth to wipe the dirt off the seats before being able to sit in it). Some minor marks on paintwork.
Impossible to inspect properly outside in poor light and intermittent rain.

Faults noted shortly after collection -
More dirt / dust embedded deeply in door panel plastic grain, dust / dirt all over leather seats.
Some rather prominent foreign bodies firmly stuck to the leather of one seat (almost got all of it off now).
Paint chip showing white undercoat on door edge on hinged edge. Some minor scratches on paintwork masked by dirt that polished out with t-cut style product.
Strange pattern in paintwork on bonnet near windscreen edge will need bodyshop attention.
Floor mats not fitted, just left floating around on the floor.
Couple of minor faults in door interior where they have been impacted, we can live with these (very minor)
PDI stamp not in the book not even sure one was carried out !

Did you reject the vehicle? - no
How / how soon after collection was rectification work carried out -

Rectified all the issues but paintwork myself, yet to book car in for those faults.

Overall comments on collection experience - Very Poor.
First collection date was messed up , we were not kept informed and barely had enough time to get the money out for the revised collection date as only given a few days notice. Then the collection time was messed up on the new date and car was not ready. We were then kept waiting while the sales guy chatted to potential new customers. We had to drive away in a dirty car.

Visited that alfa garage probably 7 times in the last year, never once offered a coffee or any refreshments.

We were also given a gift voucher for a local photo studio chain, this turned out to be a scam and a total waste of our time and further major upset for my wife.

I can't say we enjoyed a single moment of the Alfa buying experience.
I bought a car in aug 2008 and originally wanted a 159 Ti top spec car but Alfa didn't want my business so I bought a BMW after going to Mercedes and Audi.. all totally different and enjoyable experiences.
Still love alfa's though and my wife loves her new Mito

Peter

·
Registered
860 Posts
Collection experience

Date of collection - 29th October 2009 (couple of weeks early after wait of two months for order!)
Dealer - Western, Edinburgh
Vehicle - Alfa 159SW 1750 Tbi TI
Faults noted on collection - none
Faults noted shortly after collection - none
Did you reject the vehicle? - n/a
How / how soon after collection was rectification work carried out - n/a
Overall comments on collection experience - Excellent all the way. Andrew kept me informed throughout and was helpful from the time I first walked in :thumbs: Car under cover; cup of coffee; thorough talking through of controls & connection of B&Me; bonus of 3-year cloverleaf membership; gift of Alfa history hardback book and new scheme where if I phone Western in case of breakdown, they immediately send out an 'equivalent or better' courtesy car. 800 miles later and I'm still happy :)

I thought it was important to catalogue this so people have a fair (and recent) reflection of a buying experience!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hopefully off to collect a 159 TBi TI later this week, and will post comments in due course.

As a contrast, and a bit of fun; here is the report from buying my 147 Selespeed :)

Date of collection - 22/4/2004
Dealer - Motorpoint, Derby
Vehicle - Alfa 147 TS Lusso Selespeed (NEW)
Faults noted on collection - Passenger seatbelt not connected to B pillar(!), cupholder/slidey drawer below stereo missing (just a big hole!), scratched Alfa logo on Steering wheel, Missing Alfa logo on key.
Faults noted shortly after collection - Battery cover missing, CD Player not recognising CDs, Radio not tuning. Slightly grubby drivers door panel (following Smart Care treatment), White mark to leather on drivers seat, no service book with the handbooks.
Did you reject the vehicle? - Threatened to...
How / how soon after collection was rectification work carried out - Seatbelt / trim fixed immediately(!), SmartCare treatment repeated within the week, radio EVENTUALLY replaced (took 3 months), new aerial fitted. Bought new battery cover myself, ARUK sent a keyfob and service book.
Overall comments on collection experience - Idiot at handover struggled to understand that the vehicle was not roadworthy (Seatbelt!), Had paid the compulsory £69 for PDI - demanded it refunded & full tank of petrol which they did - disappointing, but have been happy with the car!

The service centre "boss" drove back in from home to personally fix the issues, and the fool who signed off the PDI was fired the next day (for negligence).
Customer Care Lead was helpful, and also gave me an extra 2yrs warranty (insurance based) for my troubles.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Motorpoint aren't a dealer are they?

That's pretty shocking though:wow:

·
Registered
141 Posts
Apologies, thread title didn't specify dealers only, and experiences were shocking!

I'll post about today's experience at Bauer-Milletts at some point : )

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Apologies, thread title didn't specify dealers only, and experiences were shocking!

I'll post about today's experience at Bauer-Milletts at some point : )
Nowt to apologies for an relevant:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Date of collection - 16/2/2010
Dealer - Bauer-Milletts, Manchester
Vehicle - 159 TBi TI (Ex-Dem 1760 miles)
Faults noted on collection - None
Faults noted shortly after collection - Loud windnoise from Drivers sider mirror at >65mph, misaligned drivers door seal and bonnet, Windscreen washer jets spray over roof, B&M microphone not working well.
Did you reject the vehicle? - No
How / how soon after collection was rectification work carried out - Work completed after 4 months post purchase (involved ARUK as local dealer (CV) very dismissive).
Overall comments on collection experience - Superb! Even though car was a 3 month old ex-dem, we were made to feel like new car buyers :) Bottle of Spumanti and the Cloverleaf package were the icing on the cake. Car beautifully presented.

Very happy; and would certainly recommend B-M. Thanks Ian & Mitch!
AFH1 and Beechdale provided excellent advice and warranty service.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Date of collection - 7/4/2010
Dealer - Allams - Epsom
Vehicle - Alfa MiTo Junior
Faults noted on collection - Small Paint chip on leading edge of O/S Door
Faults noted shortly after collection - None
How / how soon after collection was rectification work carried out - N/A
Overall comments on collection experience - Nice, Very nice, though a bit of
chat with Jeff about the good old days of Touring Car was great
Dealt with proffessionally by Sarah on the Day and thanks to Russell for sorting out the
extras.
Was expecting an unveiling but a small break down in comms and his holiday head
firmly on, hey it got missed, nowt to worry about...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Date of collection - September 2007 - bought new.
Dealer - Chris Variava, Nottingham.
Vehicle - Alfa 147 Q2 Sport
Faults noted on collection - n/a
Faults noted shortly after collection - A cosmetic issue with a rattle from the boot area but this was quickly solved after returning the vehicle a couple of months later.
How / how soon after collection was rectification work carried out - Soon, took a couple of months as wasn't able to return it until then.
Overall comments on collection experience - Yugesh & Tim provided a smooth transition as was part exchanging an Alfa with relatively high mileage. Since that time, the car has been regularly serviced there with no problems to report.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Date of collection – May 10
Dealer – Whitequay Reading
Vehicle – New 159 Tbi TI SW
Faults noted on collection – paint scratched on bumper between it & front wing; rubber mark on bottom side skirt
Faults noted shortly after collection – misaligned trim on outside of driver's door
How soon after collection was rectification work carried out – rubber mark removed in the workshop immediately; paintwork and trim to be sorted “at my convenience” - i.e. when I get my bum into gear
Overall comments on collection experience – Steve at Whitequay was excellent throughout the sale and collection process; the car was outside (half under-cover when we arrived at the dealership - unfortunately it was raining); Steve took the time to go through the paperwork, Cloverleaf membership etc (naturally I was a little glazed as I wanted to get in the car!), then explain all the features on the car, pair my phone etc, etc. No grand "unveiling" but I'd rather they get the car right.

Love the car - just want to get out on a nice long run - hopefully the weather will be ok for a drive down to the coast tomorrow.

On my experience, Whitequay (and/or Alfa) have upped their game considerably since the earlier post (May 08) - would be interested to hear how resapper's MiTo pickup went...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Date of collection – May 10
Dealer – Whitequay Reading
Vehicle – New 159 Tbi TI SW
Faults noted on collection – paint scratched on bumper between it & front wing; rubber mark on bottom side skirt
Faults noted shortly after collection – misaligned trim on outside of driver's door
How soon after collection was rectification work carried out – rubber mark removed in the workshop immediately; paintwork and trim to be sorted “at my convenience” - i.e. when I get my bum into gear
Overall comments on collection experience – Steve at Whitequay was excellent throughout the sale and collection process; the car was outside (half under-cover when we arrived at the dealership - unfortunately it was raining); Steve took the time to go through the paperwork, Cloverleaf membership etc (naturally I was a little glazed as I wanted to get in the car!), then explain all the features on the car, pair my phone etc, etc. No grand "unveiling" but I'd rather they get the car right.

Love the car - just want to get out on a nice long run - hopefully the weather will be ok for a drive down to the coast tomorrow.

On my experience, Whitequay (and/or Alfa) have upped their game considerably since the earlier post (May 08) - would be interested to hear how resapper's MiTo pickup went...
Greetings to theroot in reference to the pickup of my Mito from Whitequay's of Reading, everything thing went perfectly well, Steve was excellent with all the paperwork and instructions on the vehicle, and no minor niggles at all on the Mito, most perfect condition, and no blemishes whatsoever,Mito still going very well after six months.:thumbs:
Very pleased with Whitequay's performance. :thumbs:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Date of collection - Nov 2007
Dealer - Sidlows Gatwick.
Vehicle - Alfa 159Ti 2.4
Faults noted on collection - Vehicle was registered to me and then delivered to local independant
Faults noted shortly after collection - grease coming from nearside CV gaiter spraying onto inside of alloy wheel
Did you reject the vehicle? - no
How / how soon after collection was rectification work carried out - within one week of taking the vehicle to my nearest main dealer (Meridian in Poole), turns out there was a very small split right next to where the gaiter clamp is tightened, done during manufacture / assembly so, both dockside and dealer PDI missed it.
Overall comments on collection experience - Not an issue as it was delivered however, I will not comment on the fiasco I endured picking up my Brera S from a Yorkshire based dealer as it was a 4 month old ex demo, other than to say I would not recommend them, even to my worst enemy!:mad:

J

·
0 Posts
Date of collection - 19th June - new vehicle
Dealer - Budgens, Shropshire
Vehicle - Alfa Mito 1.4 Veloce
Faults noted on collection - n/a
Faults noted shortly after collection - n/a
How / how soon after collection was rectification work carried out - n/a
Overall comments on collection experience - overall an excellent experience i will be expanding on this within a separate thread

·
Registered
60 Posts
Date of collection - 8/10/10.
Dealer - ES Jones, Deeside
Vehicle - Alfa GT SE
Faults noted on collection - no PDI checklist provided although dealer had stamped the service book. Incorrectly registered on V5 paperwork
Faults noted shortly after collection - Where to start...
  • At 20 miles VDC light came on (reset by dealer that day)
  • Floor mats not secured to floor
  • Aircon discovered not to be working within 24 hours requiring re-gas (have just had this checked at a local garage who inform me that there is no gas in the system - clearly ES Jones were incapable of fixing this too!)
  • Inadequate door seal to passenger side door (partially fixed)
  • At 3k miles new headlight washer system as jammed open
  • At 3k miles new clutch flywheel, clutch and gearbox as originals faulty (took over 6 weeks to be fixed!!!)
  • Dent to boot and bent hinges to drivers side door caused by dealership whilst replacing clutch and gearbox etc
  • Dent fixed but door still doesnt sit right - dealership refuses to respond to communication asking them to fix this as yet
  • Having taken the car to a body shop for an estimate for repairs to the door it seems that the dashboard has not been fitted centrally, exacerbating the apparent gap on the drivers side
Did you reject the vehicle? - I tried but dealership and ARUK have refused to entertain the idea
How / how soon after collection was rectification work carried out - slowly and in some cases still not adequate
Overall comments on collection experience - Great for about 1 hour then the car started to fail! Each time contacted dealership essentially told that I'm imagining a fault/there is no issue until I push it and they begrudgingly accept that there might be a problem. Faults are rectified but over a period of weeks to months with no communication from dealership as to when car will be returned.

ARUK say get lost no complaint to investigate, thats why we get given a warranty apparently.

6 months on and I still have a car thats not in the condition it should have been when I left the showroom!

See http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-147-156-and-gt/256037-alfa-engineering-on-my-gt-or-just-friday-afternoon-car.html for full description.

·
Registered
33,257 Posts
Collected my new Giulietta last friday and have a couple of niggles;
leading edge of bonnet is dented by somebody pushing it shut instead of droping it from 18inches as specified in handbook and the outboard vent adjust wheel is disconnected with the vent in an off position.The switch block next to this vent has a clip missing so it's not secured.
love the car but the dealer is 1.5 hrs drive away and suggests I bring it in to see wht needs doing.And then presumably I have to return when they are ready to do this. Thats 6 hrs of driving let alone hanging around etc. Not why I bought a new car with 18000 mile service interval.....

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #97 (Edited)
Date of Collection - 12th August 2011
Dealer - Guests of Knowle
Vehicle - Late 2006 Brera 3.2Q4 SV - approved used
Faults noted on collection - slight mark on one alloy wheel not present on viewing.
Faults noted shortly after collection - Connect NAV setup CD missing.
Did you reject the vehicle - no need.
How soon after collection was rectification work carried out - Offered a wheel refurb but really not worth it as damage minor & easily touched in. CD ordered without any issue.
Overall comments on collection experience - Exemplary throughout. Dean, Mark & Simon have been a pleasure to deal with & I really love this car:inlove:

I would recommend highly:thumbs:

81 - 100 of 101 Posts