Alfa Romeo Forum banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Date of collection: 27 Sept 08
Dealer: Guest Solihull
Vehicle: Alfa GT JTDm 170 Q2
Faults noted on collection: Ipod draw not fitted correctly (sorted immediately) various smears on controls from (I guess) sillicon lubricant.
Faults noted shortly after collection: Small dent in rear quarter panel halfway between the light cluster and the bumper, right on the fold of the panel, driver's side window rubber not fitted properly, headlights fog up in wet conditions.
Did you reject the vehicle?: No
How / how soon after collection was rectification work carried out : I took the car back for an assesment the week after I'd picked it up. The window seal was fixed then. As I was due to be on holiday for the next 1 1/2 weeks we agreed to wait until I was back in the UK before scheduling a date for the repairs to be made. On the Friday of my return I got a call from Guests asking why I hadn't brought my car in that morning - this was the first I'd heard about the appointment! The car went in a few days later when it was convienent for me. That afternoon I got a call to say that they'd fitted the passenger side headlight, but the drivers side light they'd recieved had a faulty levelling mechanism and as such they needed to re-fit the old, fogging up light. Also the dent was deemed to be in too awkward a place for the "normal" dent people to sort out (I could've told them this if they'd asked) - so that wasn't repaired either. So my car has to go back for a second time to have the headlight sorted out and also take a trip to the bodyshop for that dent. TBH I'm very uneasy about having to have the level of body repair they are talking about on a car that has done less than 1000 miles. Surely this should've been picked up in the PDI?
Overall comments on collection experience It was OK - Mark (the salesman, who I have to say was great throughout) went through all the controls etc, and we never felt rushed. The car came with about 1/2 a tank of diesel - but I specifically asked for it to be filled up. I have to say the experience was more workmanlike than special. It was OK, but nothing to write home about.

To sum up - I'd say that my issue is more with either Alfa UK or the factory rather than Guests themselves. That dent should've been picked up before I even set eyes on the car. Its massively dissapointing. The door seal and lights issues are quality control points for the factory. Both looked OK, but on their first application they failed. Not good. The fact that a faulty light unit was then sent as a replacement is pretty crap TBH. It makes me wonder what (if any) Alfa's inspection procedures are.

As for the collection experience, as I say it was OK, but at the beginning of the year I was in the fortunate position to buy a decent watch which I did from Bloomingdales in New York. Basically I was treated like royalty with two knowledgable assistants helping me decide, and once I'd bought the watch I got lots of "its lovely - enjoy" comments from everyone on the floor, plus some fairly significant freebies. In short I was made to feel special.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
The whole point of 2 PDI's are that cars are perfect when thy go out. Valon & the dealer have an obligation to get things right IMHO and anything less that perfect is completely unacceptable:tut:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Date of Collection - 1/11/08
Dealer - Western Alfa Edinburgh
Vehicle - GT Cloverleaf Q2
Faults noted on collection - None
Faults noticed shortly after - None
Did you reject the vehicle - N/A
How soon after collection was rectification work carried out - N/A
Overall comments on collection experience - car was under red cloth. Given plenty time to look round it. Any questions asked were answered.

To sum up - Went round car next day giving it the Auto Glym treatment - no scratches\damage found. Hopefully its a good sign for the future.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Sounds excellent Sandro:cool: Enjoy your Bella:thumbs:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mine was a dealer demo with about 6k on the clock, so not really new. But compared to the last 3 BMWs I bought, the AR dealer was dire. The whole environment was wrong, the staff had no idea about how to treat customers, the car wasn't even washed, etc, etc. When you buy a BMW or Mercedes, the dealer works really hard to ensure nothing goes wrong & the whole buying experience is a pleasure. They are professionals who make sure everything goes without a hitch. By comparison, buying an AR feels like you are taking a risk. Its all a bit second rate. Shame. Great cars, crap dealers, ARUK clueless.

O

·
0 Posts
Mine was a dealer demo with about 6k on the clock, so not really new. But compared to the last 3 BMWs I bought, the AR dealer was dire. The whole environment was wrong, the staff had no idea about how to treat customers, the car wasn't even washed, etc, etc. When you buy a BMW or Mercedes, the dealer works really hard to ensure nothing goes wrong & the whole buying experience is a pleasure. They are professionals who make sure everything goes without a hitch. By comparison, buying an AR feels like you are taking a risk. Its all a bit second rate. Shame. Great cars, crap dealers, ARUK clueless.
Some specifics would help. Which dealership?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got a phone call from Guests this morning asking me why I hadn't brought my car in. The fact that the car was booked in at all was news to me. In fact I'd got it on my to-do's today to ring them to find out WTF was going on. This is the 2nd time this has happened. If anyone from Guests is reading this can I suggest you actually talk to each other so everyone there knows when a car is booked in and then someone take it on themselves to ensure the call to the customer is made just in case their crystal ball happens to be (like my headlights) fogged up....:rant:

So, its going in on Monday, on my day off - so I've got to make a journey from Leicester to Solihull to get this sorted. They'd better have a courtesy car ready and they'd better actually fix the damn problems with it this time.

I've had the car 2 months and I'm still waiting for the problems that should've been picked up at the PDI to be solved. Belting car, but the way Guests have dealt with this is poor to say the least. I am not a happy bunny.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Date of collection: 7th November 2008
Dealer: Mangoletsi,Cheshire
Vehicle: Alfa 159 1.9JTDm Used
Faults noted on test drive:Minor issue of car not starting!
Faults noted on collection: Minor issue of car not starting!
Faults noted shortly after collection: Minor issue of car still not starting! and boot not always opening

Did you reject the vehicle?: No way, once it got going I was in heaven:)
How / how soon after collection was rectification work carried out :
The full story was really straight forward, just a flat battery, I was promised at the test drive that a new one would be fitted, on pick-up I tried starting and it wouldnt at first attempt but did at the 2nd. I picked the car up on a friday, all weekend I had problems until in the end I needed to jump start it every time. Arranged to go in Monday morning, and to be fair all sorted by 11am.
THe guy who I dealt with was Jason who was great to be honest, on the test drive and all through the finance arrangements he was spot on, and through the week until pick-up he was ringing to make sure I was still happy and all ok, even with the issue of the battery they got it sorted. The only nagging issue was why they didnt just deal with the battery the week before I picked the car upwhen they knew there was a problem. I also have tosay the valeting wasleft to be desired, exterior was clean enough but interior was not what I would call pick-up quality. Not bothered tho as it means I get to admire my new 159 while I wash it!! ah bring on the sponge!!!
Would highly recommend buying a car here, jason was superb, the other guys in the dealers seem to appreciate the meaning of owning an alfa an all made me feel welcome.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Date of collection - 10/12/08
Dealer - Platts, Stoke
Vehicle - Alfa GT Cloverleaf - New
Faults noted on collection - n/a
Faults noted shortly after collection - n/a
Did you reject the vehicle? - n/a
How soon after collection was rectification work carried out - n/a
Overall comments on collection experience

Car took only 7 days from signing the forms to picking the car up and that included bringing it in from Portbury. They bent over backwards to bring it in quick as possible. The car was put in the show room it was spotless and had a really good valet. Was allowed time to take photos etc.. was then sat down and went through everything. Was shown how to use everything in the car but me being how i am wanted to jump in and muck aroud myself.

Really good group of people and also had a browse around the 8C they have in there... awaiting follow up call. Recommend and will take it back there for services.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Date of collection - 30/12/08
Dealer - Benfield, Newcastle
Vehicle - Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm Limited Edition
Faults noted on collection - none
Faults noted shortly after collection - Wrong reg on number plate!:rolleyes: ; tyres under inflated
How / how soon after collection was rectification work carried out - the day i noticed it, they sorted it
Overall comments on collection experience - Excellent service from enquiry to collection. Slight hiccup with tax disc (not dealers fault) delayed collection by a few days. Got the whole red car cover treatment, excellent coffee, and a lovely drawing of my car to hang in my office!
Also got a good trade-in value for my Brera!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Good news all round. Nice to see a new Alfa being purchased with a good trade in as well. Must be an increasing rareity in these times! Hope it goes well for you.

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
Date of collection - 29 September 2008 - bought new.
Dealer - Mangoletsi, Knutsford
Vehicle - Alfa 159Ti 1.9JTdM
Faults noted on collection - very small scratch on bonnet - buffed out in the showroom.
Faults noted shortly after collection - n/a
How / how soon after collection was rectification work carried out - n/a
Overall comments on collection experience - The most professional, courteous and enjoyable handover in my experience. The whole red cover, VIP cordoned off area, AR book, flowers and careful explanation of all controls plus matching up my phone to Blue & Me was great. Kevan did a terrific job on top of never making me feel pressured to buy from my first enquiry some months before.

I'm mildly disappointed I never got the JD Powers survey call I was told to expect because I'd have scored 10/10.

One further point is that having identified a vehicle in stock at Bristol I put them under pressure to deliver in just one week once I'd made up my mind and they managed it.

And my Ti is still great. :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Variava seem to have taken some stick on this thread (apart from SR's initial post), so I thought I should give them praise where due;

Date of collection - 28/02/2009
Dealer - Chris Variava, Nottingham.
Vehicle - Brera S 2.2 JTS (11 months old Alfa UK fleet car)
Faults noted on collection - Mint
Faults noted shortly after collection - nothing
Did you reject the vehicle? - nooo way
How / how soon after collection was rectification work carried out - n/a
Overall comments on collection experience - Couldn't have been better. Tim & Rich did an excellent job throughout the process and were spot on.
I see some have had bad experiences with ex Alfa UK fleet cars, but this one was better that the last two brand new ones I have had:thumbs: The preparation from Alfa UK was top.

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
Date of collection - May 2008
Dealer - Dews, Brighouse
Vehicle - Alfa Spider 2.2 JTS
Faults noted shortly after collection - Blue & Me tempremental with iPhone, sometimes sounds like I'm in a bucket
Did you reject the vehicle? - No way
How / how soon after collection was rectification work carried out - n/a they told me about the software on the system and that it had difficulty with Apple products, to be honest they could have told me anything cos I wasn't listening...just drooling at the shiny thing with wheels at each corner!
Overall comments on collection experience - Of the highest order, Oliver the salesman (19yrs old) was the reason we bought the spider, we went to get a 147 but he and Matt were so attentive and made it possible to buy the showroom model Spider that it was a no brainer. On collection day the car was under a red cover, that and the photos along with the fuss made me feel like a star, but of course the star is the car. USE THESE GUYS they care.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Date of collection - Aug 08
Dealer - Chris Variava
Vehicle - 1.9JTDm LUSSO SW
Faults noted shortly after collection - randomly braking to a halt!
Did you reject the vehicle? - No
How soon after collection was rectification work carried out - Checked out same day as reported, but eventual repair took 3 and a half weeks in the end. Courtesy car had out of date tax and had to be changed(although I must admit the 2.4Ti was ace), that was when a car was available for me to use. Plus side is that staff friendly, helpful and as frustrated with ARUK warranty issue as I was!
Overall comments on collection experience - Good. Dealer needs more customer parking though! Warning to customers,do not park outside on the road or you get a ticket from the local warden on his scooter!

6/10 - and no doubt will get better as their experience of Alfa gets stronger

·
Registered
35 Posts
Do Alfa dealers actually bother to PDI cars?
I cannot believe the stuff that is getting through....
I used to sell Alfas (in Stourbridge - gone now) and the transporters (Walon) used to bring the cars up from Portbury. The drivers used to say that Toyota would not let a car go to the dealer if there was any fault on it but Fiat / Alfa would have a look and go " yeah, that'll be ok...." and send it.
I've worked for Audi for years (completely Alfa nuts - always was, always will be) and the money, resources and effort poured into Customer satisfaction is eye watering. Fiat uk don't have the resources to try to match but it seems that the reorganisation of the network could help.
Before anyone starts with the "my mate had a TT and the doors fell off...." yes, occasionally a bad 'un gets through but if you compare the numbers of c*ck ups and take into account the vastly greater volume of Audis being sold (100,000 last year) the effort pays off.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Date of collection - 3rd Aug 2009 - bought new.
Dealer - Dutton Foreshaw, Cardiff
Vehicle - Alfa Mito
Faults noted on collection - Car was delivered with fine scratches and swirl marks on every panel. Dried polish on most plastic trim, scuffed headlight surround and permanant scuff drivers door card
Faults noted shortly after collection - Seatbelt indicator fault
How / how soon after collection was rectification work carried out - Currently sitting in garage.
Overall comments on collection experience.

Shocking in all honesty. Reqpresentitive from garage stated, and I quote, "yes, are valeters are sh**t". For a car to turn up in that state is unacceptable, in hindsight I should have sent it stright back on the day of delivery. A common theme with some dealers seems to be great lack of interest once the paper work is signed.
Sending a car to me with marks and damage is just insulting.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Date of Collection - 11th July 2009
Dealer - Lipscomb, Kent
Vehicle - Mito Veloce 1.4 120
Faults noted on collection - none
Faults noted shortly after collection - none
Did you reject the vehicle - no
How soon after collection was rectification work carried out - N/A
Overall comments on collection experience - efficient and enjoyable. Car was set up outside the window really nicely framed. Excellent pre & post sales experience. Richard was top notch throughout. I would recommend him highly

·
Registered
275 Posts
Date of collection - May 2008
Dealer - Whitequay Reading
Vehicle - Alfa 159 Lusso 1.9 JTDm Q-tronic
Faults noted on collection - luggage nets missing, not debadged as requested, sunroof glass covered with shipping wax (inside), dirty footprints on floormats, dirty fingermarks on seats and b-pillar trim
Faults noted shortly after collection - scratch on bootlid (poorly t-cut to disguise), driver's side wiper not sweeping properly, both washer jets not attached correctly, trim under dashboard not fitted correctly
Did you reject the vehicle? - no
How / how soon after collection was rectification work carried out - debadged, cleaned sunroof and driver's floormat, nothing else rectified
Overall comments on collection experience - Poor. I had driven two hours to get there and wasn't even offered a coffee. Garage took no interest in sorting out missing items - passed to ARUK (still waiting for them to arrive!) and said not their problem, that's how it came!
OH DEAR MY NEW MITO ON ORDER FROM WHITEQUAY READING- WILL NOT ACCEPT IT WITH ANY FAULTS:tut::tut:
THER ARE TWO MANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT WHITEQUAY FROM DIFFERENT CUSTOMERS -WILL GO OVER MY MITO THROUGHLY-

·
Registered
37 Posts
Date of collection - 3rd Aug 2009 - bought new.
Dealer - Dutton Foreshaw, Cardiff
Vehicle - Alfa Mito
Faults noted on collection - Car was delivered with fine scratches and swirl marks on every panel. Dried polish on most plastic trim, scuffed headlight surround and permanant scuff drivers door card
Faults noted shortly after collection - Seatbelt indicator fault
How / how soon after collection was rectification work carried out - Currently sitting in garage.
Overall comments on collection experience.

Shocking in all honesty. Reqpresentitive from garage stated, and I quote, "yes, are valeters are sh**t". For a car to turn up in that state is unacceptable, in hindsight I should have sent it stright back on the day of delivery. A common theme with some dealers seems to be great lack of interest once the paper work is signed.
Sending a car to me with marks and damage is just insulting.
And amazingly
our car was .. well lets not say valeted because thats not what they did and and they are still using the same valeters even now. Swirl marks, dirt, a chip, a major paint fault ....

61 - 80 of 101 Posts