·
Administrator
88,041 Posts

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Jean_Luc Picard - White Spider

My entry this month is my Spider I just gave a lengthy clean to. No photo editing apart from blurring the number plate which from reading the rules is allowed. Only other thing I did was compress them down to size to within the 200kb upload limit per picture.

Routine was as follows.

Light spray with pressure washer
Used Meguiars Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner
Then used a Muc-Off wheel brush to get the the areas wheel polish/cleaner cannot get to
Finally sprayed off with pressure washer

Sprayed with pressure washer all round
Used cherry snow foam for first coat, gave a couple minutes to settle in
Blasted off with pressure washer
AutoChem Wash & Wax shampoo used (it was very cheap and ok for the price but I won't be using it again, nearly out of it anyway)
Again pressure washer used to rinse it off
Let to dry a little and then used AutoGlym microfiber towels to dry the car and wheels

Used AutoGlym Super Resin polish (first time I used polish, it was pretty good stuff, although I'll be getting some better applicator pads)
Then buffed off with the AutoGlym microfiber towels for polish wax
I ran out of time for waxing, I know what I need to sort now for next time to speed things up so that I can apply it

Overall the end result turned out quite nice, the polish does help giving it that extra little bit of shine. I can improve though so every attempt is a learning curve. Still it's a lot better than when I first started out washing my cars myself.

1 Jean_Luc Picard 1 White Spider.jpg 1 Jean_Luc Picard 2 White Spider.jpg 1 Jean_Luc Picard 3 White Spider.jpg

1 Jean_Luc Picard 4 White Spider.jpg 1 Jean_Luc Picard 5 White Spider.jpg 1 Jean_Luc Picard 6 White Spider.jpg

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sandford23 - Black Giulietta

So after spending a while cleaning and polishing yesterday I thought I'd submit an entry for this month.
Most of the products used were from a local independent supplier apart from the final polish I applied (Scott's paint protection)
My car was washed, de tarred, clayed and polished twice. Once with a cutting polish to remove some fine scratches and then once with a paint protection polish. All buffed up using a dual headed machine polisher.

2 Sandford23 1 Black Giulietta.jpg 2 Sandford23 2 Black Giulietta.jpg 2 Sandford23 3 Black Giulietta.jpg

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
GeeCeeV6 - Pearl Giulietta

Quick clean today, to get the thick off as it were. Bouncers Slick **** shampoo , inside dome with Nanolex interior and glass cleaners.

5 GeeCeeV6 1 Pearl Giulietta.jpg 5 GeeCeeV6 2 Pearl Giulietta.jpg 5 GeeCeeV6 3 Pearl Giulietta.jpg

5 GeeCeeV6 4 Pearl Giulietta.jpg

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
David P - Blue 147

Blueee hadn't been washed since the end of the year :eek:

Saturday was a nice day so out came the pressure washer for a 50.Cal Combat Neutral Snowfoam & wash, just a quick job but good results :thumbs:

It rained again today though :cry: :lol:

6 David P 1 Blue 147.jpg 6 David P 2 Blue 147.jpg 6 David P 3 Blue 147.jpg

6 David P 4 Blue 147.jpg 6 David P 5 Blue 147.jpg 6 David P 6 Blue 147.jpg

·
Registered
15,818 Posts
GTV for me. Recognition of the effort to keep an older car that clean.

·
Administrator
88,041 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts