Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
And in case a coupe isn't your speed, there is always an SUV.

FCA said:
707-horsepower 2018 Jeep® Grand Cherokee Trackhawk: The Most Powerful and Quickest SUV Ever
Injected with an unmatched 707 horsepower courtesy of an awe-inspiring supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 engine, the most awarded SUV ever and the most capable full-size SUV on the planet has been transformed into the most powerful and quickest SUV ever. Introducing the new 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk.
http://media.fcanorthamerica.com/newsrelease.do?id=18218&mid=838

·
Registered
17,180 Posts
Bloody hell that's quick.

·
Registered
17,180 Posts
Massively impressive, but it ain't going round corners.
If it's as quick as they say, and it can get the front wheels off the ground when in launches, getting it to go in a straight line won't be a walk in the park either.

·
Registered
Saab 240DL Veloce
19,714 Posts
that's amusingly nuts.

Does the Demon Crate come with a year's supply of fresh undies? :)

·
Banned
2,484 Posts
looking forward to some inside cabin reactions like these

btw, that beautiful blonde girl with the boots at 8 seconds in is Prestin Persson, a professional female stunt driver
same girl driving the Mustang in this clip

im a fan ;-)

sorry to hijack, but blondes do have more fun :rofl:

·
Registered
6,444 Posts
Okay, I'll accept the hijack and do my best to further derail the conversation...I have no idea what Ford's marketing department was thinking when it produced the Speed Dating bit, or who it was targeting as the ideal consumer. The men come off as douchey, patronizing, dull and/or idiotic. So I can't see a "be like these guys, buy this car" appeal working. The woman has to suffer through all their crap and attitude and play dumb at the same time before finally being allowed to show what she can do. So I can't see women car shoppers suddenly deciding, "hey I must have a Mustang so I can finally shut up my annoying dates." Plus the fact it's her skills behind the wheel more than the car that impresses the dude-bros. She could have pulled the whole thing off in a K-car and still gotten almost the same--if not better--reactions from the guys.

Grading the entertainment value, it bit receives a passing grade, but I don't think the same can be said when marking for effective marketing impact.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts