Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Administrator
86,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well what's your favourite film to showcase your HD TV/ Home Cinema setup ?

I'm thinking The Matrix, LOTR or maybe Aliens :cool: :thumbs:

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Blu-ray wise, I don't have many films but I do now have the Matrix series now, so I'll agree with that, as the standard definition DVD was used many times with my ordinary TV.

Terminator 3, the firetruck scene is quite good for both sound and action too on DVD.

Orbital 5.1 soundtrack, the Dr Who mix is very good to show musical ability too.

·
Premium Member
38,310 Posts
WALL·E

I'm not kidding.

On Blu-ray, needless to say.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Blade Runner " The Ultimate Directors Cut " Box Set, sounds absolutely stunning on our set up !!!!!.......:thumbs:

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
I think N13Roy is a wall-e for posting what he did :lol:

;)

Maybe Blade Runner for the soundtrack too? :confused:

EDIT: Snap! :D

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
.....and just to amuse Kurmit above. I do believe " Terminator Salvation " will look and sound stunning too, when it comes out on DVD / Blue Ray or any other format not invented yet !!!!!.......:rolleyes:

.........:lol::lol::lol:........

·
Administrator
86,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think N13Roy is a wall-e for posting what he did :lol:

;)

And it's not the 1st time either :eek:

:lol:

PS No Blu Ray disks here yet, the player only landed today & I've no intention of replacing all my favourite DVDs with Blu Ray :eek:

Any AFAIK the upscaling ability of the player is very good :) So continue to mention DVDs also :thumbs:

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Looks a bit black and white (grainy?) on the adverts? :confused:

EDIT: I was talking about the new Terminator film.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
transformers on blu-ray

megan fox looks great.....oh yeh sound and visual emmm no comment haha

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
As much as I love the film (and I do!) Aliens is not a great transfer and is not available on Blu-Ray, so that ones out.

Not seen Wall-E, my current favourite is Blade Runner.

What have you guys got?

My kit is getting on a bit now, but I've got a Sony KDFE-50A12 50" 3LCD Rear-Projection TV, Denon DVD-1920 upscaling DVD player (not used much these days), Denon AVR-1906 receiver, KEF KHT-1005 5.1 speakers, SkyHD and a PS3, an XBOX360 and a Wii.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Saving Private Ryan is brilliant too, the opening 20 minutes of the Beach scenes, with the bullets whizzing across the Channels, really puts you in the midst of the battle, and sets the tone for the rest of this superb Film..........:thumbs:

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Any AFAIK the upscaling ability of the player is very good :) So continue to mention DVDs also :thumbs:
Upscaling is quite good on the PS3. I am not planning on replacing all my DVDs with Blu-Rays, just some I watch often and could do with more clarity on a Sony HD 46" TV (PS3, Sony AV, 5.1 seperates with active sub setup).

·
Administrator
86,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've still loads of DVDs I haven't got around to watching yet inc The Fifth Element :eek:
I should have waited & got them on Blu Ray :HEADBANG: :rant:

Sony 52" HD 200Hz bought today, expecting delivery on Friday :D
Sony Blu Ray Player s350 bought & collected today :thumbs:
Hopefully ordering Sky HD tomorrow :thumbs:
Sony DAV s550 Home Cinema system 5.1

Now what to watch 1st :confused:

D

·
0 Posts
WALL·E

I'm not kidding.

On Blu-ray, needless to say.
Yep, Agree 100%.

I've seen loads of films on SKY HD, and most of the time it competes fantastically with Blu Ray, but once you stick that Blu ray disc in of a little trash stacking robot dude you are blown away.

I suppose that all the pixar movies really lend themselves best to HD, I keep on trying to record CARS on Sky but it never is on, :mad:

But, yeah, Wall-E on Blu Ray, looks superb, truly amazing picture quality, :thumbs:

D

·
0 Posts
I've still loads of DVDs I haven't got around to watching yet inc The Fifth Element :eek:
I should have waited & got them on Blu Ray :HEADBANG: :rant:

Sony 52" HD 200Hz bought today, expecting delivery on Friday :D
Sony Blu Ray Player s350 bought & collected today :thumbs:
Hopefully ordering Sky HD tomorrow :thumbs:
Sony DAV s550 Home Cinema system 5.1

Now what to watch 1st :confused:
Argh, you lucky little bazzer!!!! :eek: :D

I've got the S350 myself, cracking Blu Rayer, little bit more expensive than some of the other ones out right now but I say well worth it if not just for the ease of use, :thumbs:

Whatever you do Dave, make sure you definitely get Sky HD, it is SO worth the extra money. Lost, 24, Heroes, Dollhouse, Knight Rider etc etc etc all look GORGEOUS!!! And the movies are absolutely breath taking in HD, it really does blow you away.

If you have a HD TV, you need Blu Ray, Sky HD, and a PS3/XBox 360. Then you have the set, :D

You'll be amazed at how many movies you record on Sky JUST to watch again in HD, I watched Fast and Furious again as i taped it off of Sci-Fi HD and it looked brilliant.

Whilst mentioning Sci Fi HD, I find it has the best HD picture quality, anyone else find that??? :confused: I find that Sci Fi channel is underrated and hardly gets any other network advertisement, shame as it's a beautiful channel in HD, :thumbs:

Oh, if you haven't got a Blockbuster card yet, go get one, 4 Blu Rays for 5 nights is a tenner, and with the high price of Blu Rays it's worth the money I say, I only watch them once usually anyway, unless they're amazing.

·
Administrator
86,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks :D I was going to get the 46" but made out a template of both & the 52" was only about 6" wider & 4" higher so I said bring it on :D

The s350 was included free with the TV :thumbs:

Definitely going for HD as I watch way too much a good bit of TV, not really into games but might hook up my old PSone for some Colin McRae 2 & Grand Toursimo 2 ? :cheese:

I'm in Euro land BTW :p :IRISH:

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
No.10, nice TV :D

Let us know how the sound is, not really keen on small speakers myself (big ones I have are not exactly attractive though) but the high-end are very costly.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts