Favourite Tall Building?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the Transamerica Pyramid in San Francisco, but for some reason the
Chrysler Building in New York just sums up the perfect looking tall building. :cool::cool::cool:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Interesting Press Snippet here......:eek:

The world's tallest skyscraper in Dubai has unexpectedly closed to the public a month after its lavish opening, the tower's owner said. The Burj Khalifa was closed due to "unexpected high traffic," and "technical issues with the power supply", Emaar Properties said on Monday. The indefinite closure of the $1.5bn skyscraper on Sunday comes as Dubai struggles to revive its international image as a cutting-edge Arab metropolis amid nagging questions about its financial health. The Gulf emirate had hoped the 828m high Burj Khalifa would be a major stimulant to boost its tourism economy.......

Wonder what will happen there next !!!!!.......:confused:

·
Registered
12,745 Posts
Chrysler building simply because it is still the tallest brick built structure and stunning to see.....:thumbs:

·
Registered
818 Posts
The Gherkin / St Mary's Axe / Swiss Re is my favourite- very interesting. The London Shard / London Bridge tower being built for 2012 is also very slick

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
Having been on the Sky Bridge between the two towers and witnessed the fantastic views, this has to be my favorite.

Amazing construction, two seperate towers built by two different construction companys with a floating 'Safety' bridge on the 41st/42nd floors

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
voted the taipei, which is very impressive

close 2nds is the Petronas

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Chrysler building. Beautiful inside and out - what a lobby!

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tell me the one that had no fatalities when it was being built and that's my favorite :D

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tell me the one that had no fatalities when it was being built and that's my favorite :D
You would like our office block then.
1 dead, two injured. It's only 2 stories high. (But on stilts.)
Cheap sand. :(:(:(

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There can only be one for mine.

Honoured in film, literature and verse and a mainstay of the New York City skyline.

The Empire State.

An unforgettable experience viewing Manhattan from its lofty deck.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
1 - 20 of 29 Posts