Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Fav pot of food to cook 'n' share

• Cous cous

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hungarian Goulash (Blast from the past)

• Vege Stew (For our non-carnivorous AOers)

• Pile of those food pills off "The Jetsons"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Plonking a big pot of piping hot food on the
table with a few bottles of beers and wine
is the best way to share food with friends.

What you're fav dish to serve up,
where every one can tuck-in a serve themselves.
(You/Your missus/bloke/whatever has to have
actually cooked it. No Take Aways!!!)
:p :p :p

·
Registered
45,472 Posts
Multiple choices eh ;)

I'd be surprised if 'Curry' doesn't turn out to be the the most popular since statistically, it is supposed to be the nations favourite :)

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
sorry nev, but i just cannot share food:rolleyes: its mine !!! no one is having any of it:rant: keep away from my food:rant: :lol:

reminds me of when we were younger and just got back from the pub a group of us would get a chineese in and one of the lads would scoff his so fast then come sit next to you with his fork and in a drunken voice say "you gonna eat all that?":lol:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If we have people round, it's often a curry night. Annie generally makes 3 curries, a hot one, a mild one and a veggie one. Boiled rice, naans, poppadoms, mango chutney a-plenty and some Cobras (that's the drink, not the venomous snake...I only made that mistake once when I went to Costco, never again). She's a wop but she has the seal of approval from her Asian workmate Trush and her hubby Romesh, who is a curry monster and ensures no morsels are left uneaten! :eek: :lol:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chilli dude...and lots of beer and plenty of gas the next morning

:D

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I voted other, My favourite way of sharing food with friends is to have a big Barbeque.

As many times as is possible over the summer(weather permitting) a group of us get together at our mates house(guy with the biggest garden) and have what can only be described as a gourmet BBQ. lots of care and effort put into preparing the foods for the day, usually anywhere between 8 and 20 of us depending on WAG attendance. we all enjoy a good drink with it too! ah..... fun and games-summer's almost gone!

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts
Paella. :D

My mum cooks it. :)

·
Premium Member
38,311 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Ahh sharing food - my big problem is eiyther I never invite enough people or I just cook too much....

Chillli is great with rice/bread , I find pasta too messy but did a corned beef bologniase early one morning for 45 at university after a heavy night out....

BBQ's - I am the family's nominiated BBQ'r especially on the wife's side.... did for 250 once at a social event we organised with my school (many years ago) given the capability of my father in law especially I end up cooking for my own health....

Simes.

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I'd say food cooked on a barbeque

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
The only real 'sharing' food we ever do is a massive platter of Nachos covered in cheese, onions, sour cream and salsa.

Usually only when friends are round to watch a movie or play some games on the Xbox though:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts