Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across the Giulietta = a Vauxhall Astra? thread while browsing and as I skipped through 7 pages that turned into user frustration I noted that noone had bothered to compare the fronts of the cars. DUH
I'm not going to post pics or try to resurect a prety defunct line on euro safety design blahblah but the G blows the Astra away from most angles and IMO Alfas wow factors often come from the front end ala 159 etc

So Alfa owners, my question is this

Which Alfa steals your heart in terms of the Badge and Front Grill
I like the latter ones myself and for all the talk I think the Giuietta has one of, if not the best Alfa grills. its pretty big and for the soft style of the nose its a much needed bold feature.

The front offset NCAP test video on G breaks my heart as the grill gets killed. It's Tragic and I don't feel that way about any other metal box, even the exotics. So I bought one :)

G

·
0 Posts
Modern ones - 156, because of the scallops and what they mean in design terms.

All Alfas - Tipo 33 Stradale, just because it's a Tipo 33 and is therefore perfect from all angles. The front of the original Giulietta Spider takes some beating, a really iconic Alfa design from the 50s/60s.

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
33 Stradale

That thing is something else isn't it. there is a front shot on the Alfa pages on facebook thats just nuts... Headlights!!! THE WHEELS :wow: .. nt much space for the Alfa grill understandably but its there to good effect.

·
Registered
510 Posts
The 33 Stradale looks fantastic! Of the more modern cars, I've always liked the original 147 front as it is agreat blend of retro style with a modern twist IMHO.

The front of the new Guilietta is the part I like least. The floating grille just looks wrong to me and unconnected to the car. The back end however, I like.:thumbs:

·
Registered
69 Posts
The Giulia Super is and will always be my favourite as it was the first Alfa my dad owned. He had it from the late 60s until the early 70s when some idiot driving a Mini rear-ended it (with me, an unrestrained 8 year old on the back seat) on the A406. We were stopped at some traffic lights when this bloke drove straight into us. He got out of his wreckage and said "I'm really sorry, I didn't see you as I was reading my paper"! I still remember it like it happened yesterday.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That car imho is sex on 4 wheels!
The front of the new Giulietta is the part I like least. The floating grille just looks wrong to me and unconnected to the car. The back end however, I like.:thumbs:
Funny you say that, the Mito shocked me a bit at first but it grew on me then the Giulietta front end blew me away, praps because I had got used to the Mito first. I thought the changes they made on the G improved things. Moving the badge up and into a sculpted bonnet line, but the floating grill works better in some colours than others agreed. Mainly the headlight that improve the G's looks compared to the Mito and the Mito looks better around the fogs. Nothings ever perfect for everyone .. but nearly :) oh so nearly

I just love it as a design motif as someone rightly said .. Love them all really.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
The Alfa grill has and always will be unique. I like them all :D
Although I quite like the large modern ones I think I preferred the smaller more subtle ones in the days when a car didn't have to shout what it was by having a massive look at me grille. You used to know it was an Alfa without the car having to shout it with an oversized grille, Alfas are not quite so different to other cars today if you remove the grille.

I definitely prefer the new badge to the old Milano one though

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
159/Brera/last Spider best imo, would make a good poll if it hasnt been done already
+ 1, But 8C and Stradale definetly up there. OH and dont forget the Duetto Spider :thumbs:

Saluti, Giordano.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I have just received my new 159 bonnet badge and was shocked to find it was just a piece of tacky lightweight plastic. I'd assumed it would be chrome plated at least, disappointing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts