Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I know this is a common problem and I have read a lot of threads on here but found nothing that really helps. On my 2001, 156 the orange bulb failure light is on all the time until I switch the lights on, then it goes off. I have checked all the lights and every one is fine, none are dim or stay lit when switched off. I have also checked all the connectors and everything looks fine.*
My big problem is the mot guy says he has to fail it because the warning light is lit. He says it makes no difference that it goes off when the lights are switched on.*
Can anyone offer any advice?
Thanks.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I did a test and took a bulb out and the orange light stays on all the time, even when lights are on. Put the bulb back and it was the same as before, orange light on but goes off when lights switched on.

I put a short video clip on YouTube showing what it does when I switch the lights on and off. The link is below.*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suKe9OSxlyM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

·
Registered
15 Posts
I can assure you that the orange bulb failure warning lamp is NOT an MOT failure item.Mine flashes on and off sometimes and there are no lights inoperative.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
I can assure you that the orange bulb failure warning lamp is NOT an MOT failure item.Mine flashes on and off sometimes and there are no lights inoperative.
Autodelta58 is correct....if all lights are working correctly,then the tester can't fail you for that !! :thumbs:

Put up with it as a cheeky little quirk of Alfaness !!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, I checked about it failing the mot and you were spot on*
Autodelta58 with it not being able to fail if everything is working.*
I can live with another little quirk of the car.*

·
Registered
147 Posts
Strange, but my Veloce 1.6 does the exact same thing (Warning lights on when lights off, warning light off when lights on)

Very strange. It must be my pet Alfa ghost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts