Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone offer advice about how to change my car. 8 weeks ago I bought a 2007 159 Q4 3.2 JTS with 12000 miles on the clock. It has been back to the workshop 9 times for a variety of faults. I have logged this with Alfa in Italy (telephone support) but they have done nothing. I have written to Alfa UK but they have not even acknowledged my letter. The dealership refuse to give me a refund and although we talked about replacing the car, they have not come up with anything. Help please. I currently still have an engine warning on the dash but don't want them to repair it anymore. I WANT A DIFFERENT CAR!!! Anyone please???

·
Registered
16,125 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO.

Trading standards - the car is not fit for purpose and you have many rights.

Do you have finance on the car if so then tell them you are not paying anymore as the car is not fit for purpose - they will then deal with the garage on your behalf.

If not put in writing that you are rejecting the car due to the number of times it hasbeen in the dealership - tell them you want a refund or its court.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. Trading Standards also told me to contact the finance company. The finance company said they will take this up and will send me a 'complaint' pack. It all sounds like it will take a long time but I will persist. I went to the dealership again today and although they said they are looking out for a replacement, I'm not convinced. They are so blasé about the whole thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts