Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently been having wiper trouble with my 147 2.0 lusso which seen to cut themselves off when on intermittant and the only way to get these back working again is to switch the engine off which isnt ideal when your on the M1. Anyway its been in the Alfa Dealer who have run a diagnostic but no faults has been shown. The technician reckons it could mean either a new ECU which is going to cost or a wiring problem either way they need to more investigative work to find the problem.
I dont pretend to be any sort of electrical engineer but surely if there was a problem with the ECU wouldnt this show up on the Diagnostic? Or is the dealer trying to screw me for a hefty repair bill?

·
Registered
30,202 Posts
When the intermittent wiper function fails do the wipers still work on the other settings?
That would usually point to the wipermotor contact plate.

·
Registered
30,202 Posts
ok, that would point to an ECU issue then.
The wiring system in the 147 is rather more complicated that the 156 as is started to use CANbus electrics.
There is a body ECU (nothing to do with the engine ECU) which seams to need reseting sometimes with what is called a proxy alignment.

I have never done anything on a 147 so hopefully someone who has will be along soon to help some more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts