Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I have been chasing a MCSF problem around for the past few months, the car has been into my local garage several times in this period but with no joy.

So I have purchased alfadiag and I have a list of codes that have shown up. It all points to lambda sensors, but there are a couple of cam sensor faults as well which are a bit worrying. My cambelt was only replaced 18months ago and I have only done 12K in that time.

Anyway here they are...

P0155 lambda sensor bank 2 pre cat
P1155 lambda probe heater resistor circuit bank 2 pre cat
P1178 ? (apparently to do with cam sensor)
P0141 lambda sensor bank 1 post cat
p0136 lambda sensor bank 1 post cat above max limit
p1175 self adaptation parameters FRA bank2 (cam sensor?)
P0150 lambda sensor bank 2 pre cat

Any ideas, Id rather get a good idea of what is wrong before I take it somewhere again. The car runs fine. There are no flat spots, although quite rich (fuel consumption is bad). Slightly lumpy idle as well.

Ive changed the bank 2 sensor already and ive replaced the MAF.

Thanks in advance

AR147

·
Registered
9,340 Posts
Lambda's don't last forever .. their life is around 60K miles.

Try clearing the faults and seeing if they come back ... Lambda faults can show up simply as a result of unplugging them. Clean the connectors.

And don't use NTK Lambda's on the 147/156 as they are the wrong ohm rating. Use Bosch .. cost more but work properly without throwing up fault codes all the time!

How is the battery? A failing battery can throw up all sorts of odd codes. Remember most don't last more than 3-4 years depending on use (stop/start/very cold temps kill them quicker)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car has only done 40k miles. If the battery was faulty, would that affect the fuel consumption?

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
If it's guzzling fuel it's very likely because the Lambda probe(s) aren't working (hence the faults). It my well run better with duff Lambda probes but they'll need to be fixed or it'll fail MOT emissions spectacularly. How could a garage not pick up basic faults like Lambda probes ?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They did pick up on it and I had the faulty lambda replaced as I said but it seems like the same one is causing the codes now. It was a genuine part as well! :confused:

·
Registered
656 Posts
They did pick up on it and I had the faulty lambda replaced as I said but it seems like the same one is causing the codes now. It was a genuine part as well! :confused:

Some of the fault codes could be stored from when you previously had lambda probs. I would suggest resetting the codes and started from fresh. I would also reset the self learning parameters

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok will give that a go. I changed my battery just to be safe as it was still on the original. No change unfortunately but its one less thing that it could be! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts