Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi got my 156 plugged in to a computer today it came up with a fault code p1177 mixture adaption mulitplacatve bank1 not in range high engine load has anyone got any ideas what i should be looking to replace or do?

·
0 Posts
Oh yeah I had the popcorn out :lol:

But from other readings - 'bank' would seem to refer to one of the lambdas assuming the OP's car is of the age where more than one was fitted

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fault codes was cleared when new maf sensor fitted this fault code is new i have been told the car has three lambda sensors do i replace all three.

·
0 Posts
IIRC bank 1 is nearest cylinder 1 (some 'expert' or other will be along to confirm / deny ;) )

Before changing lambdas though, try clearing fault codes & unplugging lambdas individually along with another reading to confirm a duff one :)

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Bank 1 is PRE CAT

Bank 2 is POST cat.

Sensor 1 & 2 ..... thats another story :eek:

BTW what year is you're car?

> 2001

M

·
0 Posts
bank 1 is the right side of the engine and bank 2 is the left but what type engine is she....

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
in thaty case P1177 refers to Lambda.

if your car has 3 lambda, 1 pre cat & 2 post cat then Bank1 is the pre-cat lambda.

M

·
0 Posts
Sorry smakey was only curious if it was a jts lump in her as it could have been the lambda connections too near a heat source...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts