Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

I'm new to Alfa ownership and the forum having recently bought a Alfa Giulietta 1750 TBi Cloverleaf.

It's just pinged a fault code P0443-13 Evaporation Control Valve Drive.

I've run the diagnostic using Multiecuscan and the valve clicks on and off suggesting it's working (or it's an intermittent fault).

Has anyone had a similar issue? How did you fix it?

Where do people buy Alfa parts? There seems to be very little available online for this car and the dealership have quoted £300 for a new Evaporator Control Valve! (similar parts on German cars seem to be circa. £40/50!).

The part number is Bosch 9 280 142 414, any ideas where to get one from?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
Afternoon all,

I'm new to Alfa ownership and the forum having recently bought a Alfa Giulietta 1750 TBi Cloverleaf.

It's just pinged a fault code P0443-13 Evaporation Control Valve Drive.

I've run the diagnostic using Multiecuscan and the valve clicks on and off suggesting it's working (or it's an intermittent fault).

Has anyone had a similar issue? How did you fix it?

Where do people buy Alfa parts? There seems to be very little available online for this car and the dealership have quoted £300 for a new Evaporator Control Valve! (similar parts on German cars seem to be circa. £40/50!).

The part number is Bosch 9 280 142 414, any ideas where to get one from?

Thanks for your help!
https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/bosch-668413.html
A quick online search of that number got this and it seems loads on Ebay.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
You forgot to tell the OP it is currently out of stock. Also the item linked to is Article №: 0 280 142 333 Manufacturer: BOSCH not Bosch 9 280 142 414 as listed by OP

It really annoys me when websites list items complete with a price and then say it is out of stock. Amazon do it all the time and say they have no idea when or if ever it will be back in stock. If it is no longer available delete the listing.

·
Registered
6,363 Posts
You forgot to tell the OP it is currently out of stock. Also the item linked to is Article №: 0 280 142 333 Manufacturer: BOSCH not Bosch 9 280 142 414 as listed by OP

It really annoys me when websites list items complete with a price and then say it is out of stock. Amazon do it all the time and say they have no idea when or if ever it will be back in stock. If it is no longer available delete the listing.
Ahh is it. :grumpy: OP, good luck with your internet searching.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might be a newbie but I know how google works :rotate::rotate:

Yeah I can't find the part anywhere other than from the Alfa dealer, it looks like it might actually come as part of the inlet manifold assembly!

Anyway .... I took it off, filled it with WD40, cycled it on an off a few times to lubricate it. Put it back on, cleared the codes and it hasn't come back (yet). Will see how I get on!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts