Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 1.8 156,on a 2000 plate and i started getting a horrible smell of burning oil through the car popped the bonnet and noticed loads of oil everywhere all over oil filter (which is new and fitted properly) and lower engine and on the exhaust, i put the car on the ramps and i am pretty sure it is coming from the sump gasket but i cleaned it and there was no gaps in it,so has anyone had this before? also its not coming from the rocker or head gasket........HELPPPPPPPPP!!:lol:

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Could it be from the oil/water heat exchanger (the bit the filter screws in to).

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i looked at that thing and there was a coouple of little spots on it but i put some instant gasket stuff on it and its fine, weird huh!

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
It would be strange getting the oil as high as you have, but cracked sumps happen very easily if they are grounded.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I havent grounded the car i inspected the sump and all bolts etc and they were tightend alright, i wreckon with all the splats going everywhere was the air flow through the car just really odd where its coming from

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Silly question, but the dip-stick is placed correctly?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts