Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Huh. I thought a race tuned V6T should have a chunk more power than that. Still, It's a LOT of power to put through the standard floorpan/chassis (even with a roll cage) and de-deion tube.

I know of 2 GTV's in Australia that are running 400hp (flywheel) from a 2.0 Twin Spark Turbo engine, and 500hp from a 2.6L 6cyl.

·
Registered
5,179 Posts
LOL at bigfoot, fair point.

Mind you thats 400 wheel horse power for the South african car, probably measured at higher altitude too no doubt.
I have seen lot of figures for SA cars that are hugely conservative because of being dynoed at altitude.

It must have a fair bit of torque to be shredding Dunlop racing slicks though! :lol:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Trailbraker, altitude is not normally and issue for forced induction cars cars, particularly in this instance when they're capable of running more.

BigFoot, yes they can ;) :

Attachments

·
Registered
890 Posts
Also, 400 rwhp is about 500 at the flywheel.

There was a car in Australia in the early nienties, built by the Benica brothers in Melbourne that was running around 750hp through the Alfa gearbox. It was a very competitive car at the time, racing in the Sports Sedans category against 8 & 9 litre Chevy V8's. The engine was quite stressed though. It was a Alfa 2.0 twincam, and was held together by huge bolts that ran from the head and through the block to the sump, replacing the standard studs.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Mind you thats 400 wheel horse power for the South african car, probably measured at higher altitude too no doubt.
I have seen lot of figures for SA cars that are hugely conservative because of being dynoed at altitude.

It must have a fair bit of torque to be shredding Dunlop racing slicks though! :lol:
Kayalami is 800m above sealevel.

300feet = 100m For the Imperials.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The three litre does look good though, with that intake on the hood....

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts

I might open a dyno centre on top of Mt, Snowdon.. just imagine all the happy customers! :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts