Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fast Road/Track day "TS" Project

Ok guys and girls here's the new project I just picked her up today!

Managed to drop the old oil out and refill with new, also added Wynn's hydraulic valve lifter treatment.
Changed the air filter (the old 1 was black!) the box was jammed closed with the normal faulty bolts that hold the lid closed :rolleyes: fixed this also.
The only obvious fault was a split air intake hose, made the car idle rough :D

She's a lovely flakey "affect" silver :lol: 113509 miles,
The car has new tyres (Pirelli's all round)
New standard exhaust from the cat back
Rebuilt head 3 years ago due to cam belt failure (its due a new 1)

She needs alot of TLC to get her back to her best but this will be fun :thumbs:

·
Vendor
45,832 Posts
I haven't got one mate, they have been out of production for years now. Best of luck on the projet - I would start with sticking some big end bearings in it if its had a belt snap in the past, unless you know this has already been done.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers for the advice mate its already on the to do list :thumbs:

Any news on those silicone intake hoses your having made?

·
Vendor
45,832 Posts
Not sure, we sent off the template hose ages ago, I'll have to give them a ring on Monday and find out where we're at. They're desperately needed though, I get asked for these hoses all the time.

·
Registered
13,051 Posts
A sister for Lucea, Andy? It looks to be the same year but someone has painted the skirts?

I'm looking forward to seeing it!

·
Registered
8,916 Posts
yes, she must have been loved once, colour coded skirts and bumpers, boot spoiler, someone was keen. Best of luck with the project :thumbs:

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes, she must have been loved once, colour coded skirts and bumpers, boot spoiler, someone was keen. Best of luck with the project :thumbs:
The last owner had her for 7 years! She bought the car like it.
Apparently the spoiler only came on V6's :confused: I like it :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
its a nice car andy you know your alfa mad when you have a gtv and a spider :lol: you should be able to get a air intake off a gtv being broken, try email newly listed broken gtv off ebay, its getting one with out splits is the hard part, has anyone got a after market/ replacement for the original???

is it leather interior? £400......................bargin!!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
i have the same spoiler and mine aint no v6, dont make a phase one a phase two, why?

ph1 has black skirts looks err not good
ph1 doesnt have the nicest grill
and ph1 doesnt have the best alloys...IMHO..........yes i have a ph1 :cheese: o and a ph2 :lol:

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
It's a Lusso, with black leather and air con. The normal bolster problems :rolleyes:
Only 1 light on the dash and yes it's the beach ball man :lol:
I've spoken to Dan at Autolusso and he has a set of red leather waiting for it! I think this will really set it off with a candy apple red powder coated engine bay to match :cool:

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
agreed but dont make it something its not, its original....the keyword
I know what you mean! I tried to keep to this thought with the spider!

The only thing is its not original!!
As the GTV has already been painted previously I think I'll keep it like it, I do like the colour coded bumpers on the GTV, 5 hole wheels, the ph1 grill will stay.
It will be tidied up and fitted with a black carpit and ph2 red leather.
Ph1 red interior is harder to find then Tele's!!!

I'm pretty sure with will look :cool:

1 - 20 of 307 Posts