Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I changed mine with one from 1.7 8v that was little bit smaller, but the exit pipes are the same diameter. Do they have same flow ? There is no change about car's power.

That is mine from 16v.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Fuel pump

I do not know if they have the same flow, but for some reason the factory has fitted the 16V model with thicker exit on the tank and on the inlet of the pump. So the rubber pipe between tank and pump is 2 mm thicker.

I think that they did not do it, if it was not felt necessary - may be to still have a safety margin when the 16V is running very much higher rpm.

So it may seem to be running ok, but may give problems (lean - may be not felt - running) at very high rpm at some unfortunate weather conditions or?

I would try to restore it to original parts.

Peter

·
Registered
725 Posts
I would imagine that they are the same part (no proof though) I think both engines work on having an excess of fuel under pressure in the fuel rail which is metered in by the injector timing.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Update on topic:

We can see on the picture that there is difference between the pumps?! Both are from 16v, but the one on left is from P4 and is smaller.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts