Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
Do you have to ask for a status update likes?
Ive not heard anything from my dealer since i placed my order 3 weeks ago...:(
I ordered a pre-ordered one that was built already and was waiting for shipment in Italy.
Was told 6 - 8 weeks. End of July is optimistic...

·
Registered
336 Posts
im the same as you janitor i like to know whats going on :) luckily enough the guy dealing with me has been pretty decent so far, says he should be able to let me know tomorrow when ill be able to pick it up :D

·
Registered
336 Posts
Not yet, if he hasnt called by 5 ill be pestering him again. ****** me off when people say they will ring then they dont!

·
Registered
336 Posts
I rang him earlier as he didnt ring (git) , said there had been some movement but he would have to get it in the morning as the person that deals with this had gone home. Didnt ring him till 6 though and i think they normally shut at 5:30.

I'm still reckoning (and hoping) it will be this week some point.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Argh now im getting annoyed. Didn't ring today. He gets the benefit of the doubt this time. If he doesnt ring tomorrow i shall be quite annoyed. . .

·
Registered
336 Posts
Spoke to the guy today, should be with him monday/tuesday and i can pick it up friday all being well. Dunno why it takes 3 days to PDI and clean a car. . .

·
Registered
336 Posts
not excited yet though *lies through teeth*

although i am a bit narked i had to keep chasing. 2 other cars ordered at the same time came in today :(

·
Registered
88 Posts
yep I don't understand it either Janitor, but I will be pestering the dealer over the next few weeks ie a call on the 15th and one on the 22nd because even though the guy has been alright unless I ask I wont get an update.
Having said that I ordered the car on the 24th may and had resigned my self to a 12 - 14 weeks wait because if ift had arrived from mid August on ward I would have waited for the 59 plate However at this rate I will have it in week 9 or 10... Now I don't mind public transport or my bike but I cant wait to have wheels again.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've been told my car will arrive in the UK by tuesday of next week.
Does that mean i will get the car from the dealers in 3 weeks from today? Roughly...

·
Registered
336 Posts
Nice one Diabolik - right on your ETA :thumbs:

It still amazes me why it takes three weeks from the Docks though..? Audis arrive and are transported, PDI'd and ready within a week or so :confused:
Thats bad but having to wait 3 days when they already have the vehicle is worse, what takes 3 days ? i dont get it :mad:

·
Registered
336 Posts
If it gets PDI'd at the dock too, then is the transport protection already removed..?

They need to get a registration assigned and their own checks done and signed off, so I guess that's a couple days to be fair

Are you getting your own insurance cover note sorted (you'll need to know the assigned registration number) or are you taking up the free 7 day cover..?
Its already been registered i have the registration docs here, so i dunno why its gonna take them 3 days to be honest. Ill get my own insurance cover note sorted already spoken to them just need to get the date sorted properly

1 - 20 of 41 Posts