Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I took my 159ti in for a service to Sandown Motors. I was dreading the experience, having had poor service from their service department on a number of occasions. The booking process didn't go down as planned, because I was asked if there was anything specific I wanted them to check on the car and just told them about a rattle from the exhaust at cold start, and a condition check of the brakes. I called back 5 mins later to ask them to check the powersteering pump or belt because I didn't feel happy with Newlands telling me that there was nothing wrong with the power steering system when I could sometimes feel and hear a bit of a whisper and hiss coming from there. I was told that unfortunately my car had been booked and the maximum hours had already been exceeded and they could not add this to my job card. How ridiculous!

To my surprise, the previous Service Advisor from Sandown Tygervalley, Gavin West, greeted me as I entered the service reception area and booked my car. I asked him to add the power steering check to the service list and this was done without any queries whatsoever. 15 mins and a small breakfast later, I was on my way back to my office.

Gavin is the one person that will always call, send you an update sms about your service progress at around mid day, and let you know about everything that was done, and found on the car.

As expected, at 12:28 I get an update that they were still busy with my car but they will let me know later how things are going. 14:30 I get my usual report: The service has been completed, the cam chains are fine and in order with no perceptible stretch (big sigh of relief!), he has done a warranty claim for a new power steering pump (The pump didn't even make that much noise, I though it would be the belt that needs replacing!) and I will be needing new brakes. Nothing to pay now, (everything covered by service plan) but I will need new brakes all round within the next 10000km. Cost is R11k for discs and pads, front and rear... And R15k fitted! :readit: I'll make a plan around that. For that expense I can get myself drilled and slotted carbon ceramic jobbies :cheese:

I feel so relieved. I'm on my way to collect the car now and honestly can't believe how one person has made me change my perception of that place!

Well done Sandown Motors! Bravo Gavin West! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Great news, Ian!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts