Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to drive to Sellafield today on business and chose to drive over Corney Fell and other than an MR2 (who quickly pulled over to let me past) never came across another car - fantastic fun :D and the best drive out I've had in ages. Unfortunately just as I was approaching Sellafield the car was making a whooshing sound as I accelerated, after a quick inspection the lower boost pipe from the intercooler to the turbo has a split in it :cry:. I am on holiday Friday so guess what I will be doing - replacing the pipe, as long as County Motors get it on time - £68.00 :cry:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Don't know the age of your car but when mine went on my 147 it was a warranty job - known issue and a quick fix.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yep, Corney Fell is a great drive ... so long as it's not in the winter ...:eek: . If you're in that part of Cumbria the roads around Pica off the A595 near Distington are a great drive. :thumbs:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yep, Corney Fell is a great drive ... so long as it's not in the winter ...:eek: . If you're in that part of Cumbria the roads around Pica off the A595 near Distington are a great drive. :thumbs:
Could be a good run for the AONW then :) thanks for sharing this with us. :thumbs:

'That's another fine mess you've got me into'

·
Registered
188 Posts
Could be a good run for the AONW then :) thanks for sharing this with us. :thumbs:

If you like your roads one of the best ones up there is the B5305 to the M6. If you get off at the A6 Carlisle South jnctn on the M6 take the road to Dalston then the B5299 (themselves great roads) to the B5305 junction, then turn left & enjoy - brilliant long fast road & quiet :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just replaced the boost pipe - it had worn from rubbing on a bracket that was doing nothing, so I removed it to stop it happening again. Very easy job only took 30 mins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts