Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just tried to turn on my heating today and it didn't blow, I could hear the fan but the vents weren't blowing at all. Oddly enough the vents on the windshield are working fine. Could it be that there is something staying in the way ?

·
Vendor
46,130 Posts
Possibly a dead flap control motor on the heater box- does your car have dual zone climate control or the single control?

·
Vendor
46,130 Posts
Check to see if adjusting the vent position and the air not coming out of the vents affects both driver's and passenger's sides or if it just affects one side.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check to see if adjusting the vent position and the air not coming out of the vents affects both driver's and passenger's sides or if it just affects one side.
When I put the fan speed on MAX I can feel some warmth coming from one of the rear vents but it's hardly blowing anything. I tried all possible combinations and only the windshield vents are working fine. Tomorrow I'll take off the cover under the wipers to see what's going on in there. I still believe that there must be something blocking the air..

·
Vendor
46,130 Posts
Thats a possibility as well, blocked pollen filters..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, I just opened up under the bonnet to have a look and was astonished to see this VIDEO0028.3gp - YouTube ! No cover no filter! Why are there such people? I tried to get access from the inside of the car but got scared of the number of wiring and a few strange-looking clips I couldn't remove. Any idea how to clean this mess ?

·
Registered
30,171 Posts
Ok, I just opened up under the bonnet to have a look and was astonished to see this VIDEO0028.3gp - YouTube ! No cover no filter! Why are there such people?
You are looking in the wrong place...!
The Dual-zone systems have the filters under the dash on the passenger side.
Exactly like a 147/GT.
Loads on threads on here with info.
Have a search.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The filter was blocked. I found it under the dash, there is a tricky L-shaped clip you have to remove. Now it blows like the wind :)
Thanks a lot!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts