Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've been quiet for a few months. Nothing much to say. Sorry to hear you've given up on your G Ransom. And Romeo, really? A Tiguan? Says it all.
MY Multiair is powering along nicely apart from a dash rattle occurring around 1500rpm. Everything else is fine except I've fallen in love or lust with a spider-eyed temptress. Sat in one last week. I could climb in and out without any trouble which was my greatest concern, being the wrong side of 55. So I've gone and done it. Put my money down for a 4C. It was one of those "you only live once moments".
Anyway the G has to go. It and my 147 are too similar to keep both and the 147 I find better for commuting. It has a very smooth and tractable engine. The G being the better choice for open road blasting, a job the 4C will do quite nicely I think. Delivery is some time in 2016.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Lucky, lucky, lucky man! Look after it and I'll buy it off you in a few years... ;)

As long as it's red with tele dials. Has to be red with tele dials.....

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
4c Spider...drool. I'd happily trade my G for one of those ;). You lucky man! Really look forward to reading how you get on with it next year :thumbs:.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Congrats! What a superb car! (4 C)

·
Registered
Maserati Quattroporte
1,764 Posts
4C lovely. When the kids have gone it will be on my shortlist. Did you see the Cars that Rock program last week, where they filmed in the Maserati factory at the 4C production line?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses guys. Red, yes (Rosso). Teledials no. Diamond cut with yellow callipers. Basically a SE with style pack. No racing pack nor racing exhaust. My plan is to change the exhaust with a dual mode system. Love the teledials but roads around here require tyres with sidewalls. Lots of potholes, manhole covers and irregularities on roads already make driving difficult, especially at night. Buckled wheels on my 14 yr old 147 testify to this. By the time it's built it'll probably have US style headlights as once the spider hits production they'll all convert to the one style of front lamp.
The giulietta will go on sale once rego is paid in a couple of weeks. Anyone in Oz interested in a Multiair with sunroof, full leather, Ragazzon cat-back exhaust, eibach pro kit with bilstein B6s, 18inch horseshoes with Michi PS3s, illuminated tread plates and Alu filler cap?
Only 12,500 km,two services done and engine running with Motul X-clean 5W40. Any takers? Looking for $30,000AU. Original wheels, suspension and exhaust included.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep. I've got a couple of oldish Guzzis (20 and 23yrs) too as well as a 74 Sud. I felt that Alfa has finally built a really special little beast in the 4C so deserves my support. It's the car I've always wanted it to build. A no frills, light-weight, performance machine that uses smarts, not brute power to make its mark. And it doesn't hurt being easy on the eye too. By goodness it's gorgeous to look at. Just had to do it.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Yep. I've got a couple of oldish Guzzis (20 and 23yrs) too as well as a 74 Sud. I felt that Alfa has finally built a really special little beast in the 4C so deserves my support. It's the car I've always wanted it to build. A no frills, light-weight, performance machine that uses smarts, not brute power to make its mark. And it doesn't hurt being easy on the eye too. By goodness it's gorgeous to look at. Just had to do it.
You lucky sod, I'm sure I'm not the only one who really wants a 4C but is unlikely to end up with one :(

Congrats I'm sure it's well earned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts