Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so far in 18 months all that has gone wrong is the boot catch not firing properly, however, this time I was stuck on holiday.

Having arrived at our destination in the Lake District, all I had to do was park, while doing so one of the kids pointed out that lots of fluid was coming out, thinking it was aircon condensate I pressed on and parked up in the worlds tightest space, only then to be told the fluid smelt awful and was red. Fearing a split or worse I peered under the car only to find the power steering hose had blown off the rack. A quick call to the RAC and 40 mins, a jubliee clip and some new fluid clip all was done.

Clearly the pressure of having the power steering was too much for those snap on type clips.

At least my pump is working a treat :D and after, the car never missed a beat all fortnight.

Pretty damn good for a 9 year old.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
That is good going Purple.:thumbs:

There was a recall on the 166 for loss of power steering fluid.Do you know if yours was done or is this entirely unconnected with the recall.

Yep they don't build them like that nowadays.:D

Pomeo

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
copied from AA site, useful info, but how to check if my car has been done will be tricky as I have no history, still, Alfa may have some, maybe a free overhaul of the system is in order. :D

Alfa Romeo 166

Get specs and prices for Alfa Romeo 166

Search results (1–2 of 2)

New search

Recall:

No. 1 of 2

Recall Ref:R/2005/030

Exact Model:

147 and 166

Description: Possible fuel leak

VIN:
166 - ZAR93600000089617 to ZAR93600000094628, and 147 - ZAR93700003200424 to ZAR93700003225276

Build Date:
Numbers:865

Defect:

A fuel leak may result due to cracking of the re-circulation pipe flange on the fuel tank, when the tank is filled to the maximum.

Action:

Recalled vehicles will have the fuel tank inspected for cracks and replaced if necessary.

Launch Date: 23 May 2005

Recall:

No. 2 of 2

Recall Ref:R2001/058

Exact Model:

Description:

POWER ASSISTED STEERING CONCERN

VIN:

TO BE ADVISED

Buiild Date:

1st January 1998 to 31st March 2001

Numbers: 2260

Defect:

Possible failure of low pressure power steering pipe connection with leakage of fluid and loss of power assistance.

Action:

Recall affected vehicles, replace all high and low pressure oil supply and return pipes. Replace oil cooler and refill system with ugraded specification PAS oil.

Launch Date:

30 April 2001

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
alfa will have a record of cars that have been recalled - just give a dealer a call with the chassis number and they'll zap it through the computer...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts